Need help with snare drum heads!!

VeilOfTheBurial

Need to find a good combo of batter and side snare heads,i want evans heads that have a lot of attack and tone,and something a little on the brighter side.Any suggestions?

Yes but they are not evans, try aquarian coated studio with a classic clear snare side and if you want a really dry snare go with a coated focus x batter, they will cost you less and last twice as long.

Evans is one of those funny drumhead companies that has a website that lets you choose heads based on a detailed description with graphics and sound samples. http://www.evansdrumheads.com/EvDrumsetSnareBatter.Page?ActiveId=3589

My pick is the Power Center reverse Dot
300 bottom of course.

I just picked-up a used Ludwig 14" x 5" Acrolite snare drum yesterday afternoon and those are the exact heads that I put on it. That combo is basically my go to pair and sounds great on just about any snare.

Dennis

I just picked-up a used Ludwig 14" x 5" Acrolite snare drum yesterday afternoon and those are the exact heads that I put on it. That combo is basically my go to pair and sounds great on just about any snare.

Dennis
The Power Center Reverse Dot works so well is so many ways.
Metal or wood snare, medium or tight tuning, Rock or Jazz, it does it all.
It isn't too dark or to bright. It has this wonderful powerful punch when you give it a modest hit on center that feels so good.

I just put an Evans ST Dry on my Pork Pie 14x6.5 brass snare at the recommendation of two drummers that work at my local music store. Sounds great. I have it tuned kind of high. I've had good comments from other people that have heard it.

Back