Not that anyone would care...

drummerchick435

Silver Member
...but I'm going to get to go to see the JONAS BROTHERS!!! I love them!! They are very talented for their age and easy on the eyes. haha.

If you're going to post negatively (which I'm sure is going to happen) about the Jonas Brothers, at least do it intelligently. Don't say "teh jonas bruthers sux." How would you like it if I said "milez daviz sux"? Not that I would because Miles Davis is very good.

Um. I have no opinion about the Jonas Brothers. Have fun!

Teh jonas brothers sux. Heh, Jk...

What music do you typically listen to, like, is this usually what you're into? And I'm not being offensive when I ask this, I'm curious.

Teh jonas brothers sux. Heh, Jk...

What music do you typically listen to, like, is this usually what you're into? And I'm not being offensive when I ask this, I'm curious.

I listen to just about everything. classical, metal, punk, alternative, rock, pop, jazz, blues, funk. Rock, pop, metal, and alternative is what I listen mostly to. I'm not a big fan of country and rap/hip hop, but I can tolerate it in small doses.

was that sarcasm? I didn't say I hated rap and country. I can just listen to it for only a few minutes at a time.

I'm good at sarcasm but noooo way, I understand though, most people say that. Kanye West is an amazing man, so is Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson. People that I think everyone should have a bit of in them, haha, that's just my opinion though. I know everyone'll disagree with the Kanye West part, buuuut the Jonas Brother's, people are willing to shut them down because of how popular they are. I'm not a fan, buuut, they've played a role in this generation. Just like Hannah Montana who is spanning both tv aaand music like them jonas people.

I'm good at sarcasm but noooo way, I understand though, most people say that. Kanye West is an amazing man, so is Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson. People that I think everyone should have a bit of in them, haha, that's just my opinion though. I know everyone'll disagree with the Kanye West part, buuuut the Jonas Brother's, people are willing to shut them down because of how popular they are. I'm not a fan, buuut, they've played a role in this generation.

You know. The funny thing is that I'm going to college at Belmont (music business major) in Nashville in the fall. That place oozes with country! Maybe I'll gain more appreciation for country while I'm there.

I'm not a big fan of the Jonas brothers...not at all actually but I'm not bashing on you or your music at all when i say this. it's just my honest opinion.

I don't like how they completely over did the pop in all the Beatles songs..like the ones in the target commercials, and don't rightly deserve being called the next Beatles when they lack the musical side of the fabulous 4 but have almost mastered the marketing side of the industry...the way i see it all in a whole is this bottom line:

They're better at marketing themselves than playing their instruments, and are giving more credit then what they deserve(in the music view of things). I wouldn't call them a legend but I'd call them entrepreneurs

but have fun at the concert if you enjoy their music.

I'm not a big fan of the Jonas brothers...not at all actually but I'm not bashing on you or your music at all when i say this. it's just my honest opinion.

I don't like how they completely over did the pop in all the Beatles songs..like the ones in the target commercials, and don't rightly deserve being called the next Beatles when they lack the musical side of the fabulous 4 but have almost mastered the marketing side of the industry...the way i see it all in a whole is this bottom line:

They're better at marketing themselves than playing their instruments, and are giving more credit then what they deserve(in the music view of things). I wouldn't call them a legend but I'd call them entrepreneurs

but have fun at the concert if you enjoy their music.

WHOA WHOA WHOA! Did someone call them the next beatles? Whoa.

i'm not a big fan of the jonas brothers...not at all actually but i'm not bashing on you or your music at all when i say this. it's just my honest opinion.

but i think they have become nothing but machines, they've become disney power houses and the media is loving all of their christian goody-good ways. that i have no problem with being christian myself...i just don't like how they completely disney'd out all the beatles songs..like the ones in the target commericals, and don't rightly deserve being called the next beatles when they lack the musical side of the fabulous 4 but have almost mastered the marketing side of the industry...the way i see it all in a whole is this bottom line:

They're better at marketing themselves than playing their instruments, and are giving more credit then what they deserve(in the music view of things).

I respect your opinion about them, and I agree that they're not as good as the Beatles. I also appreciate their Christian views as I am a Christian as well.

Their mom, Denise, said in an interview that their record label is very controlling of their music even though they would love to play different music in addition to the pop/rock music they play.

However, they were not the ones who re-made the Beatles songs. I don't know who it was, but it was someone else.

Anyway, I respect your opinion.

WHOA WHOA WHOA! Did someone call them the next beatles? Whoa.

Some people have called the band the next Beatles, but mostly they relate the fans to the Beatles' fans. Mostly girls ages 13-25 which is what I believe the Beatles had.

The early Beatles were the first "Jonas Brothers" band. That being said, the Beatles were revolutionary for that, the following chain of boy bands weren't.

I respect your opinion about them, and I agree that they're not as good as the Beatles. I also appreciate their Christian views as I am a Christian as well.

So you're saying you like them because they're the same religion as you? Now i don't mean to be offensive or anything but does that mean you like the KKK and all those racist, anti-semittic homophobes you see on Riki Lake because they call themselves "christian" too? Not trying to be mean but i'm just seriously asking a question.

Anyway i can't say i'm a huge fan of Jonas Brothers but i am glad that at least a lot of pop bands have started picking up the guitar again unlike in the late 90s when it was all just synths and crap like that. I must say i wouldn't mind seeing hannah montanna- and i don't mean at a music show either...

DC, the only thing I have to offer here is to be unapologetic about the music you love, and love it for no other reason than for the music itself.

..ok, I'll mind my own business...

Politics, religion, and self likes aside, I hope you have a ball and really enjoy the show. Be safe.

Just to be fair. I would go and see them in concert also. They have some good music and so it won't be like listening to a teenage local band that just picked up their instruments. People would prolly analyze me for saying that i would jump at the chance to go see avaril livene in concert. Everyone should have some music that they don't think they will like in their music collection.
-george

Just to be fair. I would go and see them in concert also. They have some good music and so it won't be like listening to a teenage local band that just picked up their instruments. People would prolly analyze me for saying that i would jump at the chance to go see avaril livene in concert. Everyone should have some music that they don't think they will like in their music collection.
-george

I know exactly what you mean, Yeah i mean don't get me wrong or anything, I think a bit of pop music is always good, i've got a lot of pop music on my playlist ranging from Rick Astley to Evanescence!

I'm going to go see second hand serenade in the spring and i personally dislike their music. I don't think they live in their instruments as much as other bands or singers such as averal lavine, led zepp, Rush, Most techno songs. This can be heard in the music recordings and the feel they convey. I believe that if the brothers dropped their record label and kept their fans dispite that we could see some very good music coming out of them. Same with hannah montana, and same with (sigh) The backstreet boys and nsync

So you're saying you like them because they're the same religion as you? Now i don't mean to be offensive or anything but does that mean you like the KKK and all those racist, anti-semittic homophobes you see on Riki Lake because they call themselves "christian" too? Not trying to be mean but i'm just seriously asking a question.

Oh no! I'm not saying that at all! If they were atheist, I'd still like them. It's just a nice bonus that they happen to have the same religion I do. I am not (and never will be) racist, anti-Semitic or homophobic. I'm a very loving, open minded person. I love to love.

No offense intended in this post.

Back