Looking for female drummers to interview

Twilkes

Hi there,

I'm looking for female drummers, preferably in the UK, any standard from beginner to teacher to professional.

I'm writing a book about gender, and music is one of the topics I'm looking at. It's proving fairly difficult to track down female drummers and male harpists, but I'm sure they're out there somewhere!

If you would be interested in speaking to me about your drumming then please email [email protected].

Also, if you know of any female drummers around the UK then please point me in the right direction.

Pleasant paradiddles,

Tony Wilkes

Re: Female Drummers???

I've seen a few recently in underground rock bands that were pretty good.

Go to MySpace and search for a band called Invasion - there's a few but check the one from the UK, they're a 3 piece. They're an amazing live band and the drummer plays the kinda style I appreciate most i.e. with passion and energy more than flair and technique. Also check out Spiked from Hitchin. They're a young band but again, loads of passion and energy in the drumming.

There's a wicked doom band in London called Pombagira (not 100% sure on the spelling) and they have a female drummer.

Back