Guru/Amedia open session in London, this Sunday!

Andy

Honorary Member
Sorry it's short notice, but for any members that are interested, we're attending an open session in North London on Sunday, between 12:30 & 3:00. It's a very low key & informal affair. Hosted by Michele Drees, all are welcome to come along & try out the Origin Classic drums & a vast range of Amedia cymbals. I'll be there as drum tech, Alex Lindley will be there representing Amedia. It's just a bit of Drummy fun, so feel free to pop in & have a bash, or just listen to some other players on the gear. There's a right mix of players coming along, everyone from some well known London jazz artists to first stage students, & everyone in between. Only small numbers, so nothing intimidating.

Anyhow, all welcome, just let me know if you're coming.

The location:

BonaFideStudio
The Viaduct; Studios 13 and 14
St James's Lane
North London
N10 3QX
020 8883 9641
020 8444 5054

Andy :)

Just by chance, it's highly likely I'll have to be about 20 minutes away later that evening. I probably have a rehearsal in Willesden on Sunday so I may well come along, hang around and then go to the rehearsal afterwards.

What are the chances, eh?

.............a little bit of a drive..........wish I could see/hear/play those drums in real life..................hope it goes great for you guys

Just by chance, it's highly likely I'll have to be about 20 minutes away later that evening. I probably have a rehearsal in Willesden on Sunday so I may well come along, hang around and then go to the rehearsal afterwards.

What are the chances, eh?
Well, whodathunkit! you'll be very welcome Duncan. Don't forget to get back to me about the following day ;)

Anyone who's around North London on sunday. Come on down, have a drummy good time, & take the opportunity to give Duncan a good thrashing ;) ;) ;)

I'm playing like a fool today. So frustrating. It seems that I'm best at playing in paratrooper boots at the moment and I need to solve that.

Monday is, as far as I know, on. It's just the logistical stuff that's the issue - which car we're taking etc. Dad is going up so I'm trying to persuade him to take my car so I can fool around Herefordshire. Surprisingly, I'm not allowed to drive the Audi...

Sunday is most definitely on. It means I might be able to beat some of the London traffic too. Two birds, one stone!

.............a little bit of a drive..........wish I could see/hear/play those drums in real life..................hope it goes great for you guys
Thank you :) & yes, it is a bit of a drive ;)

I need to check my Diary Andy.

Sounds fun.

Davo
It will be fun Dave, I think. It's just a rehearsal room. I've never been there. no idea what the acoustics are like = probably as dead as hell. Anyhow, the main thrust is Amedia cymbals, I'm just along for the ride really. Michele has been using the bop kit at Ronnie Scott's, so she's bringing it down as is. I'm just teching & hanging out. It's a small & informal gathering of invited players & students. Nothing more than that, but that's kind of attractive I think. You'd be most welcome!

I'm playing like a fool today. So frustrating. It seems that I'm best at playing in paratrooper boots at the moment and I need to solve that.

Monday is, as far as I know, on. It's just the logistical stuff that's the issue - which car we're taking etc. Dad is going up so I'm trying to persuade him to take my car so I can fool around Herefordshire. Surprisingly, I'm not allowed to drive the Audi...

Sunday is most definitely on. It means I might be able to beat some of the London traffic too. Two birds, one stone!
Yes, got to get past the boots thing ;) Whatever you work out logistically for Monday, I can pick you up & drop you off if you're tied.

As you know, I would LOVE to be there Andy, alas, it's not going to happen... but, takes pictures and perhaps some video recording? That would be cool for those who cannot participate in this amazing session:)

Give my regards to Michele and Alex :)

Is Dean coming too?

Duncan... I'm soooo jealous, enjoy it mate, I know you will :)

Andy, why don't you do a Guru/Amedia open session in Poitiers, here in France? At least I could come, haha...

As you know, I would LOVE to be there Andy, alas, it's not going to happen... but, takes pictures and perhaps some video recording? That would be cool for those who cannot participate in this amazing session:)

Give my regards to Michele and Alex :)

Is Dean coming too?

Duncan... I'm soooo jealous, enjoy it mate, I know you will :)

Andy, why don't you do a Guru/Amedia open session in Poitiers, here in France? At least I could come, haha...
And I'd love you to be there too Henri :) There'll be other chances. With Larry attending next year's London drum show, I can smell an extra special fun filled DW forum hookup brewing :)

Sigh,how I wish I could be there in person...but that ain't happening for me :(
Nevertheless I hope it all goes well for you guys. =)

Oh just a small wish from me... do take some pics and Videos for those that couldn't attend it.

Sigh,how I wish I could be there in person...but that ain't happening for me :(
Nevertheless I hope it all goes well for you guys. =)

Oh just a small wish from me... do take some pics and Videos for those that couldn't attend it.
Thanks BB :) Good idea, I'll take the recorder! Not so sure there'll be much to capture, we'll see :)

Back