Anyone used a Gibraltar Bass Drum Cymbal Mount?

Well I'll probably use the rubber gasket as my guide. The mounting screws are small but there are protruding posts that go into the shell so I have to drill holes that will be big enough for them to fit into. I don't want to screw this up.

Use the gasket as a guide, absolutely. I recently installed two bass drum cymbal mounts. Always start with a small pilot hole (2 mil or so) and work up to the size you need. Never drill the full size straight away - that's a recipe for disaster. If you're not sure about the size you need, just drill progressively and try to fit the part each time.

Finally (almost a year later) got around to installing the thing! It went very well thanks to the advice on here (thanks!). I put it down on the side around 9 o'clock (audience). It's the perfect spot for how I like my ride. If I had put it in the traditional spot it would have been way too high and angled like crazy. It's still not perfectly vertical with my 22" K on it but it's not too bad.

As for the holder itself, it's a little wobbly but seems to hold fairly well. I haven't given it a full playing situationn test but I'm sure it will be fine. Drill bit size is 8mm or 5/16" FYI.

img5223m.jpg

img5202a.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good.
The cymbal holder will sway slightly but it never slips.
One of my kits has been set up at my friends studio for years and I simply check the tension of the wing nuts every so often when I place my cymbal on the stand.
Don't forget you can add a memory lock to the L rod for more security.
I have done that with the two Gibraltar cymbal arms that I have on the bass drum of my gig kit.

You put the mount where I have mine now too. Works great when I do use it.
It made more sense to have it there after I saw Jason Sutter, and Patrick Keller with their BDCM's in that spot--especially using a 24" ride.

Nice work!

Looks good.
The cymbal holder will sway slightly but it never slips.
One of my kits has been set up at my friends studio for years and I simply check the tension of the wing nuts every so often when I place my cymbal on the stand.
Don't forget you can add a memory lock to the L rod for more security.
I have done that with the two Gibraltar cymbal arms that I have on the bass drum of my gig kit.

Yes, a memory lock might be a good idea. Thanks, Bob.

Thank you too, Karl.

Back