Autograph Material?

Slazaar

Just wondering to yall out there, what would you bring to a clinic for a drummer to sign?

Im going to a drum event where there's a fair bit of drumming artists and theres an autograph session.
Any good ideas?

I take a snare drum head, or one of their CD's. I also bought an Autograph model splash made by Sabian for 20 bucks and had it signed by Steve Ferrone of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. The snare head is signed by John Blackwell and Dom Famularo. At one clinic they were selling Sabian cheap so I bought an 18 inch crash and had it signed by Ray Luzier of Korn, but have since sold the cymbal. Some of them have photos they will sign and give you.

Everything Gruntersdad said... Maybe a plain white T.

If you get a cymbal signed, you may want to get it signed on the bottom close to the bell but not completely under the bell (Just in case it rubs off) because if you'd like to sell it in the future, some people might be picky about the sig. being on the top.

Buy a snare head that the artist endorses and get it signed.

At clinics does the artist usually sign autographs cos i just happen to be going to a Thomas Lang clinic tomorrow and a Steve smith one next week. In that case ill get a snare head for each to try sign and if they dont ill just use the new head :D
Win Win

At clinics does the artist usually sign autographs cos i just happen to be going to a Thomas Lang clinic tomorrow and a Steve smith one next week. In that case ill get a snare head for each to try sign and if they dont ill just use the new head :D
Win Win

I'm not sure about Thomas Lang, but I met Steve Smith at a clinic a year or so ago and he signed just about anything; drumheads, CDs, DVDs, etc. I even got his autograph on an old Journey album. Plus, all attendees received a pair of his Vic Firth signature sticks. Keep in mind, that may have been set up by the drum shop. At any rate, the Steve Smith clinic is WELL worth the $. You will get a ton of information a probably a couple mementos. Enjoy!!

Thomas did a Signing, i got a poster, sticks and snare head signed and a picture with him and also met him early on in the evening in the toilets....i kinda embarrassed myself cos i got starstruck hahaha ahwell i regained composure for the signing lol

I really cant wait for the steve smith clinic tho it strikes me as one you will learn an awful lot at. Roll on the 9th of june

Back