Show your rack setup!!!!!!!!!!!! No stands allowed!!

ross--

I have a five piece with typical 3 sided rack and am thinking I would like to have my toms at 11 and 2 o clock from my snare instead of 1 and 2 o clock. Has anyone done this with a 3 sided rack? Please show pictures!!

Here ya' go.

39830.jpg

32692.jpg

Here ya' go.

I used to do exactly that with my rack and my old kit.

Now with my new kit, I keep doing that, even though I've stopped using a rack. I like it. Two rack toms and snare are in a great triangle, and it opens up a lot of options.

:)

322912125.jpg

323055704.jpg

323055712.jpg

373180201_6_PR6i.jpeg

373177817_6_r5mx.jpeg

As you can see there's a lot of space between the 10'' and the HH, so I can move the 2 toms to the right and have the ride more above the bassdrum. But im not a fan of this positioning.

Wow Nice Kit and Rack!! :-()

I love the way that hex rack looks ;-)

I have a five piece with typical 3 sided rack and am thinking I would like to have my toms at 11 and 2 o clock from my snare instead of 1 and 2 o clock. Has anyone done this with a 3 sided rack? Please show pictures!!

Where's your pics?????

Virtually everything is mounted on the rack including the Kat, mics, cup & stick holders. The only other hardware touching the riser is the hat, snare stand, and stool.

jbsluds1.jpg

Bermuda

Virtually everything is mounted on the rack including the Kat, mics, cup & stick holders. The only other hardware touching the riser is the hat, snare stand, and stool.

Bermuda

Jon, when you're doing other things besides your main gig, do you always bring the same kit, cymbals, etc? I decided to stop using a rack because my setup changed often enough to make it a hindrance.

No, my local kits normally don't have as much going on cymbal-wise, no Kat or mounted mics, so I use old flatbase stands which travel nicely in a single trap case with cymbals, pedal, sticks, etc. A rack takes up considerably more space that those smaller stands, and would be more time-consuming to deal with for the gigs I do around town.

I like the concept of a rack, but only in the appropriate situtaion.

Bermuda

jbsluds1.jpg

Bermuda

Say...is that a Pearl rack?

It looks like the one am going to recommend my son to get for his newly acquired 8-piece Legend drum kit since its 3 rack toms have Pearl tom mounts on them RIMs thingies (just like in your toms!) already, so I figure he better stick with them if he wants to use a drum rack...

-elcid

Basically the Pearl ICON 501C system without the left-side rack bar. Don't really mount much over there, maybe when I get a touring gig someday I will get the extra bar.

IMG_1225.jpg

My "go" kit for gigs in smaller clubs:
here's my rack made from a gibraltar v bar and some extra pearl icon t-leg assemblies i had lying around. I used a pipe cutter to make that mini-side wing extension from a t-leg assembly:

100_0197.jpg

100_0198.jpg

with some stuff on it:

100_0201.jpg

Here it is today with some newly acquired add-on toms:

Picture016.jpg

I just throw the whole rack up on the back of my pickup and carry it on stage. Then setup is about 7-8 minutes tops once it's in place. If i stripped down to bare bones, my 2 rack toms would be at 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock from the snare

Now my studio kit is a totally different animal, it has a double decker, 4 sided ICON, the front 2 sides are straight, the sides are curved now.

bubinga13.jpg

bubinga14.jpg

dios9.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

DANG!!! :-() Haven't seen a double rack setup since the late '80s early 90's

Say...is that a Pearl rack?

Yep... from about 1993! It's served me well, and other than a few nicks and scrapes, I see no reason to replace it.

Bermuda

Finally, here are some crappy pics from my phone cam after I made the change. I might have to switch the small tom to the left bar on the rack still.

Attachments

• New kit setup.jpg
    New kit setup.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 14,722
  • New kit setup2.jpg
    New kit setup2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 14,618
This kit is usually broken up into two, as you can tell by the heads, but it was a lot of fun to set it up like this and play it for a weekend.

S5001241.jpg

S5001240.jpg

S5001235.jpg

Back