DRUMCHAT FORUM??

KONA

Silver Member
Anyone here know what's up with drumchat forum?
I don't know if it's my pc or if the site has folded or just has some short term problems. I get directed to a different page.........an advertising page of some sort.

anyone here use the site or have any info on what's going on there?
http://www.drumchat.com

If true, all I can say is: Good riddance! That place is a sad joke that can't hold a candle to this forum.

All I get is what looks like their green forum, but when I try and link into any of the discussions, I get is what you see when you type in their url... looks broke to me.

Anyone here know what's up with drumchat forum?
I don't know if it's my pc or if the site has folded or just has some short term problems. I get directed to a different page.........an advertising page of some sort.

anyone here use the site or have any info on what's going on there?
http://www.drumchat.com
Hi Kona,
We just spoke with our techs and the problem appears to be with a Hosting Data Center because a provider outside their network is causing intermittent network issues between the internet and their core. Their engineers are working on a solution to this issue as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, since it is a network issue, we have no control over the situation. Hopefully, it will get resolved soon. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

If true, all I can say is: Good riddance! That place is a sad joke that can't hold a candle to this forum.
Thank you for your kind words. I would never be that disrespectful but I certainly appreciate DrummerWorld for all that it has to offer the drum community.

Here is a comment just today from one of our members: "Thanks. Much appreciated. Hope it is back soon. Know there are many drummers who "rely" on that site for their daily routine, and this is like going cold turkey!"

I sort of agree, I started an account over there awhile back, but they deleted my account for no reason and without warning... it was weird. DW is the best forum I've run across by far!
An account is not deleted unless someone is not abiding by the forum rules. There are thousands of users in Drum Chat that never have any problem.

We have had problems with a rogue DNS server that is routing traffic to the wrong servers at work occasionally. My personal ISP had a serious outage a month ago and most of the twin cities was hosed unless they could hook up to a public DNS. I wish you luck getting your site back up, it's especially frustrating when you're not in charge of the hosting and are at their mercy.

I can't validate it through work because of a proxy but you can try something like google's dns provider or some other one to see if you can recommend something to readers (though they'd probably have to get in to read it first ;))
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html

Thank you for your kind words.
Your welcome. There seems to be a lot of that smarmy tone on your forum which seems to attract some of the most vapid, self-righteous "drummers" ever assembled anywhere, and the micro-moderators seem hell-bent on stifling any real debate.

Actually, I hope you get your site back up and running before any of them start drifting over here.

I sort of agree, I started an account over there awhile back, but they deleted my account for no reason and without warning... it was weird. DW is the best forum I've run across by far!

DW is the best, Hands down.

I had the same experience there as well. I wasn't curseing or causeing anybody any problems and i had my account deleated as well....go figure. I agree with MikeM...good riddance. As far as i'm concerned this is the best drum forum in the net.

It's good to know it's not my pc.

I personally belong to a number of Drum Forums & they all offer something a little different. I like the veriety and appreciate what each has to offer. I have my favorites for personal reasons as do you I'm sure.
This Forum is one of my favorites.

Thanks,

I personally belong to a number of Drum Forums & they all offer something a little different.
So do I. DFO and cymbalholic being two of my favorites (although, this one is far and away my favorite). Never got too into the Pearl forum, but Drumchat is the only one where I felt any actual contempt. They are the Soviets of the drum forum universe. The most prominent members are authoritarian with very narrow views, and the moderators police and post on just about every thread - often modifying other people's posts to make the tone more friendly or to delete links to other sites.

Yes - I have run into trouble with censorship there but they have their rules and reasons for them and they're entitled to it as I'm sure you're well aware. I've enjoyed most of my 'touring' though that Forum and I seem to always pick something up useful when I visit. Like I said..I've been "sensored" a few times but I suck it up and do want to play by their rules when I'm there.
I spend a ton of time on the Vintage Drum Forums because collecting/playing/restoring vintage drums is another hobby of mine.

The Drummerworld site is HUGE and I love being part of this. I've alway enjoyed this site and I'm very happy it's here.

So do I. DFO and cymbalholic being two of my favorites (although, this one is far and away my favorite). Never got too into the Pearl forum, but Drumchat is the only one where I felt any actual contempt. They are the Soviets of the drum forum universe. The most prominent members are authoritarian with very narrow views, and the moderators police and post on just about every thread - often modifying other people's posts to make the tone more friendly or to delete links to other sites.

We have had problems with a rogue DNS server that is routing traffic to the wrong servers at work occasionally. My personal ISP had a serious outage a month ago and most of the twin cities was hosed unless they could hook up to a public DNS. I wish you luck getting your site back up, it's especially frustrating when you're not in charge of the hosting and are at their mercy.

I can't validate it through work because of a proxy but you can try something like google's dns provider or some other one to see if you can recommend something to readers (though they'd probably have to get in to read it first ;))
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html
Thanks for your input and we're continuing to look into it. The site is not down. There are only a few members that can't access.

Back