Music related school clubs?

Migaluch

Okay, so school started today for me and i have been thinking that since colleges like leadership in students than it would be a good idea to create a club for my school. I just want to know if anyone on Drummerworld has any cool ideas that would work or have had any cool music (or even drumming... i don't know) related clubs that they knew about when they were in high school. Thanks for the help.

My God... this is just sad! No one... absolutely no one even replies to my thread!!!

I mean, u guys could have at least said my idea was stupid or something. Jeez.

But really, no one has ANY creative ideas for a music related high school club? There has never been anything like this in your schools? Cmon guys.

Actually i posted this Wednesday after school started. So thats about two days from this post right now.

First, who cares what colleges like? Do it because you have something to offer- or you want to learn- not because it's going to help you look good on paper.

As you're working on your idea, I would take these factors into consideration:
- What kind of facilities does your school have, and what can you get access to? Instruments, AV gear, etc.
- What can you get people to show up for? The subject should have broad enough appeal to get at least a few people interested.
- What are your personal resources? What (and who, where appropriate) do you know, own, can borrow?
- A high level of motivation is important- build it around something you're interested in.
- Some general categories of subjects: a) listening/reading/writing/composing, b) playing music, c) audio/video recording, sequencing.

OK, that should get you started- I have my own project to work on.

My God... this is just sad! No one... absolutely no one even replies to my thread!!!

I mean, u guys could have at least said my idea was stupid or something. Jeez.

But really, no one has ANY creative ideas for a music related high school club? There has never been anything like this in your schools? Cmon guys.

First of all, not a great start in terms of making friends. Drama queens arent my favorite people. But, to answer your question, what if you started some type of weekly drum circle.

First of all, not a great start in terms of making friends. Drama queens arent my favorite people. But, to answer your question, what if you started some type of weekly drum circle.

Sorry about that. I hate drama queens on forums too and i am usually not like that. It won't happen again, i was just a little disappointed that no one even cared to give me any suggestions.

@toddbishop: Thanks for the ideas. I think i have an idea of what i am going to do. Oh and btw, i didn't want to do this purely for college, but more as two way benefit for me. I love to play music and everything and a music club would be a blast to put together, but it doesn't hurt that colleges like that kind of leadership stuff, you know? I do have something to offer and i want to learn, and i hope things turn out well.

I hope i didn't cause any of you to see me in a bad light. Thanks for the help.

Back