Gary Novak plays Tom Sawyer!

very nice. check out the bad plus playing that tune. its great. listen to the whole thing. it starts kinda straight but then they get to absolutely killing.

Geez guys...

Even if you didn't like the music surely someone can comment on his incredible crisp single stroke rolls.

Drummers really are lazy :p

You are right, Gary is a tremendously underrated drummer who deserves a lot more notoriety that he gets.

Not just the single strokes,I find his entire playing very fluid. Also I think he is one of the smoothest players of very fast tempos that I've ever heard.

Geez guys...

Even if you didn't like the music surely someone can comment on his incredible crisp single stroke rolls.

Drummers really are lazy :p

Maybe others just don't feel the need to comment, doesn't make them lazy.

If I'm being totally honest I really didn't like it. Granted Novak has chops but the rendition of the song did nothing for me.

Nice! As much as I'm a very harsh critic of anyone playing any Peart song, I did enjoy Novaks' rendition of TS. His single strokes and the fluidity of his playing is as good as it was back in his Chick Corea days.

I did enjoy this and do agree that NP would enjoy this "jazzed up" version as well.

;-)

I really like the instrumentation of this group, especially the Fender Rhodes piano. The drums sound great, and you're right, he does KILL it on those single-stroke rolls. Those would make Billy Cobham proud!

Glad to see more members give it a listen :)

Gary is a tremendously underrated drummer who deserves a lot more notoriety that he gets.
Agree

If I'm being totally honest I really didn't like it..
Yeah...not everybody is gonna to like a classic remixed.

As much as I'm a very harsh critic of anyone playing any Peart song, I did enjoy Novaks' rendition of TS..
Haha...yes Micheal you are...but its all good.
I'm glad you liked it.

Those would make Billy Cobham proud! ..
A master of single strokes around the kit.

Great song! I love the orginal offcourse, but this is very sexy aswell, in a different kind of way.
And man... that dude is fast!

I think I'll go practice now..

Back