New To The Forum!

Well, I have decided to pick the sticks back up after a 25 year absence. Over those years I still sat behind a kit a few times, but I last owned a kit in 1987! Things were a lot different back then and although I have done what I can to stay informed, I can say it is all a bit overwhelming to say the least to see where things have gone.

I plan on utilizing this site to gain information and relearn the craft.

Looking forward to reading informative posts on the art and science of drumming.

I live in Nashville, and there are phenomenal drummers everywhere. I am also shocked how expensive it all is now, so I guess I will be looking for a used kit somewhere.

John

Welcome back to the world of drumming! We have others here on the forum who are in similar situations, gone from drumming for a long time only to return. I'm sure you'll find lots of good information, there's always someone around willing to help.

Welcome to Drummerworld .... and back to the sticks. Don't be too intimidated with the new gear. Pretty much works the same as the old gear.​
Once you decide your budget, a kit ain't that hard to find.​

Welcome back! Harry is right though. The requirements for drumming are still the same. Chops are good, but time is better. Musical taste and maturity still trump endless out-of-time noodling. I would say its been that way since the beginning!

Now get those sticks back in your hands and off the computer keyboard!

Welcome and I agree, a good new cymbal set can break your bank but excellent quality drums are really inexpensive these days. A new Yamaha Stage Custom 5 piece can last a lifetime for a mere $649 with fee shipping and you can make 4 payments on it at 0%.

I'd say that pretty affordable. The honey amber and naturals are beauties. Good luck.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--YAMSCB2FS50

Back