DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:09 AM

Default Caribe Drums

Hey guys, I've started transcribing Michel Camilo's 'One More Once' album, and I've (obviously lol) left Caribe til last. I'm really struggling to separate the percussion part from the kit part, I'm using 'transcribe' software to slow the track down which has pretty much got me through the rest of the album, but I can't get my ears to hear to lock in to Cliffs drum parts, especially because his playing is so dynamic and full of ghost notes.
Has anyone transcribed this before? If so, how did you get around it? All suggestions welcome :) Cheers
Old 12-18-2010, 12:43 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Caribe Drums

I've played along this tune dozens of time, but I pretty much play my own part. I would be curious to see what you come up with!

Cheers
Alain
Old 12-18-2010, 02:19 AM

Default Re: Caribe Drums

Yeah man, I think I could 'get through it' but I'm trying to transcribe note for note, so it's quite important for me to get it right. The end product will hopefully be like Garibaldi's 'code of funk' which is transcriptions for the oakland zone album, but with Camillo's 'One More Once' But yeah i'll post it up once it's all finished :) I think it might be time to give Mr.Almond a message haha
Charlie