DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:55 PM

Default Total Drum Tracks - Play Along Tracks

Hi folks, I've just joined the forum and after receiving a provisional 'OK' from Bernhard I just wanted to mention my recently-launched website: www.totaldrumtracks.com

It's an audio and video play-along resource for drummers with hundreds of audio tracks to play along to and video packages to challenge and learn new ideas from.

All 'Classic Audio Tracks' are supplied 1) With drums 2) Without drums/with click and 3) Without drums/without click so if you're looking for tracks for YouTube they'll prove ideal.

It's been a tremendous amount of work to reach this point but I hope it proves to be a useful resource for drummers looking for backing tracks and new challenges.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to check it out.

Pete

www.totaldrumtracks.com
Old 06-23-2016, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Total Drum Tracks - Play Along Tracks

Welcome TDT.

Are these original recordings or re-recorded?

There was an company/app called "Jammit" that seems be similar to your service. They did however get attacked by copyright infringements and it seems they went under as I can't load there app or re-download any music from the site.

I only ask this because if people are to spend money on your tracks and you have issues with copyrighting etc., this will affect customers who have/will purchase(d) tracks.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:58 PM

All of the 'Classic Audio Tracks' are re-recorded so only require the standard MCPS publishing license. I think Jammit might have used original stems. Somehow?!
Old 06-23-2016, 04:36 PM
Platinum Member

Wait... Jammit is down? Their website is still up and my computer application works just fine. Jammit pays royalties to the bands/record labels to sell the original tracks, so I cant see how there are any problems with what they do.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDT View Post
All of the 'Classic Audio Tracks' are re-recorded so only require the standard MCPS publishing license. I think Jammit might have used original stems. Somehow?!
Excellent! Thank you for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_D View Post
Wait... Jammit is down? Their website is still up and my computer application works just fine. Jammit pays royalties to the bands/record labels to sell the original tracks, so I cant see how there are any problems with what they do.
Judging by their facebook page I would say they are down. I have sent countless emails and messages with no return. Their app hasn't worked for about 6 months, multiple people I know have filed FCC complaints due to not being able to get their tracks with windows 7, 8, and 10, MacOS and iOS.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:37 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterKohn View Post
Judging by their facebook page I would say they are down. I have sent countless emails and messages with no return. Their app hasn't worked for about 6 months, multiple people I know have filed FCC complaints due to not being able to get their tracks with windows 7, 8, and 10, MacOS and iOS.
You may be looking at Jammit Music's facebook page, which shows a music shop closing, but Jammit's facebook page isn't showing any signs of them closing. Yeah they aren't posting very much, but is there that much exciting stuff going on? I just "upgraded" to Windows 10 and my Jammit app works just fine. All my songs work great. I haven't purchased any songs recently, but it doesn't look like they have closed.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:46 AM
Silver Member

I've listened to some of the samples and the original bass lines and jams sound awesome.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:43 AM

Thanks! The content has taken literally ten years to create, with the audio first appearing on Rhythm magazine's (I'm its CD editor) cover-mount content. It just seemed a shame, after its brief one-time appearance, for it to then languish on a hard drive with lots of drummers never having known it existed.
The video packages have then taken a couple of years to produce but all in all a labour of love.

www.totaldrumtracks.com

Last edited by TDT; 06-24-2016 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_D View Post
You may be looking at Jammit Music's facebook page, which shows a music shop closing, but Jammit's facebook page isn't showing any signs of them closing. Yeah they aren't posting very much, but is there that much exciting stuff going on? I just "upgraded" to Windows 10 and my Jammit app works just fine. All my songs work great. I haven't purchased any songs recently, but it doesn't look like they have closed.
Nah man, I emailed them directly 20 times with no response. There app doesn't work on any of my platforms and I cant get anything I bought. The hundreds of people who post on the visitor part of the "Jammit" facebook page can verify exactly what I said.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Hi folks, I've just joined the forum and after receiving a provisional 'OK' from Bernhard I just wanted to mention my recently-launched website: www.totaldrumtracks.com

It's an audio and video play-along resource for drummers with hundreds of audio tracks to play along to and video packages to challenge and learn new ideas from.

All 'Classic Audio Tracks' are supplied 1) With drums 2) Without drums/with click and 3) Without drums/without click so if you're looking for tracks for YouTube they'll prove ideal.

It's been a tremendous amount of work to reach this point but I hope it proves to be a useful resource for drummers looking for backing tracks and new challenges.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to check it out.

Pete

www.totaldrumtracks.com
I listened to a few of the metal base lines and they sound pretty cool and I like your product mostly.

Let me tell you what I do not like. I do not like that the click track is throughout the recording. For me, I like a 4 or 8 count click at the beginning leading into the first bar. The click's seem to be at the same volume or higher volume then the music tracks and is kind of annoying in my opinion.

Track Syncopated Metal Bassline would be cool to jam with but the click is as prominent as the bass rif for instance.

I like the music, but the clicks need to be in the background for the non-classic selections.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:56 PM

Yes, the Jam Tracks and Basslines all currently have a click of some description (as opposed to the Classic Tracks which include three versions: with drums, without drums/with click and without drums/without click). Moving forward we'll look at creating Basslines and Jam Tracks in a similar format.

www.totaldrumtracks.com
Old 06-27-2016, 05:03 AM

TDT, I agree about the click being pretty overwhelming on some of what I heard. Hope that comes down some.

I was also having Jammit problems on my IPad but was able to google "jammit fix" and found something that got me going. No affiliation with jammit or jammit fix.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:20 AM
Platinum Member

I do recall having a Jammit issue when I first downloaded the software and it was something with the sound driver. I had to download ASIO4ALL and use that as the driver for the Jammit app. After that it worked fine.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Yes, the Jam Tracks and Basslines all currently have a click of some description (as opposed to the Classic Tracks which include three versions: with drums, without drums/with click and without drums/without click). Moving forward we'll look at creating Basslines and Jam Tracks in a similar format.

www.totaldrumtracks.com
Cool - I got your site bookmarked waiting for that day.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:23 PM

Hi TDT
Great stuff. Andy Staples is such a fantastic bass player! I've seen him play a couple of times and man he grooves!
Old 07-04-2016, 11:23 AM

Thanks folks. And yes, Andy is indeed a serious player.

www.totaldrumtracks.com
Old 07-04-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcdade2003 View Post
Cool - I got your site bookmarked waiting for that day.
+1. I'm liking that there a few jazz songs/jams. Drum-less jazz tracks seem pretty hard to find.

Edit: Just going through the checkout thing now. Do you really need phone number and address for an online shop?
Old 07-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Gold Member

I took a brief look.

The quality is great. The tracks sound really good.

You mentioned that there are with and without drums versions of the classics, but I didn't actually find the drum tracks.

I think you'd add value to the jams if you had a drum reference for every minus drums track. It gives students something to emulate.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:27 PM

Thanks for checking the site out and for the complements guys.

Frank, the with and without drums audio tracks are in the Classic Tracks. Just search by band or genre. Each track is supplied as 'With Drums', 'Without drums/With click' and 'Without drums/Without click) for the 1.99.

And andtfoot, these are the defaults required by Stripe (www.stripe.com) who oversee the payments on the site. I've no idea why you have to input your address and number; rest assured no-one will be knocking on your door or calling to discuss drum play-along tracks! I guess it's just a general web security/transaction transparency thing.
The only apparent downside with Stripe's service are it's blanket transaction fees which make individual track purchases unviable, hence the 5 minimum spend.

Pete

www.totaldrumtracks.com