DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:31 AM
Platinum Member

Default Kennedy Center Honors - Sheila E and Kenny Aronoff

Thought some of you might enjoy seeing this if you didn't see the show tonight. Performance in honor of Carlos Santana. Good stuff.
http://youtu.be/Z-5Rm-3pHlw
Old 12-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Kennedy Center Honors - Sheila E and Kenny Aronoff

Nice!
Talk about VIPs in every corner of that hall!
Old 12-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Platinum Member

Percussion overload!!!!! Loved it ;)

I spent some quality time with Kenny & his lovely wife in London last year. A very humble & sensitive man :)
Old 12-30-2013, 02:21 PM
The Old Hyde

I was at a bar last night waiting to play my bands set and I looked at the tv just in time to see her throw the cymbal down. classic!
Old 12-30-2013, 03:13 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
Percussion overload!!!!! Loved it ;)

I spent some quality time with Kenny & his lovely wife in London last year. A very humble & sensitive man :)
My drum teacher studied with Kenny and can't say enough about him. He still keeps in touch with him and Kenny is very generous with time and advice. I hope to meet him myself one day :) And Sheila? Well what an idol she is of mine! Love that woman...she puts everything she has into playing.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:37 PM
Platinum Member

Lots of great performances last night.I met Carlos in 69 when I was 15 when Santana played the NY State pavilion(as seen in MIB) .I shook his hand and told him,I thought the band was amazing,and then spoke to Michael Schrieve for a few minutes.

I'm glad he was honored finally.He's a guy that gives back to the community.

I've also heard lots a great stuff about Kenny over the years,and hope to meet him someday.

Happy to see my Piano Man,get his due finally also.I think Don Henleys singing of "She's Got A Way" was pretty spot on too.

Anybody notice Vinny on his white Gretsch kit,with Paiste cymbals?

Steve B
Old 12-30-2013, 05:47 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamadrm View Post
Lots of great performances last night.I met Carlos in 69 when I was 15 when Santana played the NY State pavilion(as seen in MIB) .I shook his hand and told him,I thought the band was amazing,and then spoke to Michael Schrieve for a few minutes.

I'm glad he was honored finally.He's a guy that gives back to the community.

I've also heard lots a great stuff about Kenny over the years,and hope to meet him someday.

Happy to see my Piano Man,get his due finally also.I think Don Henleys singing of "She's Got A Way" was pretty spot on too.

Anybody notice Vinny on his white Gretsch kit,with Paiste cymbals?

Steve B
I thought Henley was pretty great, too. I did see Vinny and thought the whole Herbie Hancock tribute was awesome...even Snoop Dogg who isn't usually my cup of tea. It's what I love about the Kennedy Center Honors, they bring together some unlikely pairings of musicians and turn it into something wonderful.

I also had a good cry when Garth Brooks sang Goodnight, Saigon and the vets came out. Powerful stuff.

Now if Henley would get rid of that awful beard and Steve Winwood would shave off those mutton chops...all would be perfect! lol.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:27 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryO View Post
I thought Henley was pretty great, too. I did see Vinny and thought the whole Herbie Hancock tribute was awesome...even Snoop Dogg who isn't usually my cup of tea. It's what I love about the Kennedy Center Honors, they bring together some unlikely pairings of musicians and turn it into something wonderful.

I also had a good cry when Garth Brooks sang Goodnight, Saigon and the vets came out. Powerful stuff.

Now if Henley would get rid of that awful beard and Steve Winwood would shave off those mutton chops...all would be perfect! lol.
+1 on those mutton chops Mary.He didn't wear them in the 60's when they WERE face fashon.

Yeah "Goodnight Siagon",...I had a lump in my throat also.Most of my family,were/are military or police.I lost a older friend in Vietnam,so that song always reminds me of him,as well as lots of older cousins,who served there.

Steve B