DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Silver Member

Default Jim Keltner Inducted Into Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame

[SKF NOTE: Jim Keltner is a wonderful human being AND a first-class drummer. I consider Jim a friend going back to 1981 when I did his first feature interview for Modern Drummer. A great guy, Jim was always, always helpful to MD. For example, MD would not have interviewed Charlie Watts or Ringo Starr without Jim Keltner's help.

I wish, I wish, I wish Jim would write an autobiography. And I'd love to work with him on it. But he has been a part of so much popular music history - it would be a great loss if he didn't leave his wisdom for the ages. I'm not talking about a kiss-and-tell book. Just a straight-ahead telling of his stories.]

FRI OCTOBER 31, 2014
Top Rock Drummers Set to Be Inducted Saturday
By RYAN LACROIX

The Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame is set to induct five new members....

You might not know the name Jim Keltner, but youíve probably heard him playing drums on some of your favorite songs for the last 50 years.

Founding board member of the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame and author of the Oklahoma Music Guide Dr. Hugh Foley says that Keltnerís status among rock drummers is unquestionable.

ďHe is the session drummer of the rock and pop era, from the mid-1960s to the present day. That includes an incredible list of artists. Itís one of those jaw-droppers, whether itís John Lennon or Ringo Starr or George Harrison, with whom he played on all significant tracks by those three former Beatles.Ē

George Harrison was such a fan of Keltner, he created a fictitious Jim Keltner Fan Club, which was listed on the back cover of his 1973 album, Living in the Material World.

The list of artists Keltner has recorded with is exhaustive.

At the age of 72, Keltnerís work continues to appear in popular music and film.

Full Story

Scott K Fish Blog: Life Beyond the Cymbals
Old 11-01-2014, 05:26 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Re: Jim Keltner Inducted Into Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame

It makes me so happy that Jim is getting formally recognized. Guys like him, Ringo, Hal Blaine and Jim Gordon are the template for my playing.

Love your work Scott.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:32 AM
Pocket-full-of-gold
This message has been deleted by Pocket-full-of-gold.