This was from 31 YEARS ago...

Great stuff. I had a cassette of the EP with the different track (Mental Hopscotch?) than the LP.
Still have those Missing Persons records. Bozzio is awesome with UK too.

I liked him best with Jeff Beck on the Guitar Shop album.

And some of the Zappa stuff, but I find much of that a little hard to take. He must have been in his teens playing with Zappa (?) and Missing Persons in his early 20's....

Neal

That was both of their songs that I liked! Dale's foil bra was fantastic, but her pants were terrible. She sounded good. I was reminded, though, that I really don't enjoy watching Bozzio play. Looks painful.

Thanks for sharing, Bo. I miss those days! lol

And some of the Zappa stuff, but I find much of that a little hard to take. He must have been in his teens playing with Zappa (?) and Missing Persons in his early 20's....

Neal

Yes...best with Beck; for my tastes at least. Who doesn't shine when in the light provided by Jeff Beck? His command of the electric guitar is stoopid.

Neal

Actually, Terry is now in his 60s. The first time I heard him was on the Brecker Brothers album, Heavy Metal Be-Bop, and that was recorded in the mid-70s, I believe.

Boobs are out of fashion? I must have missed that memo.

And I had no idea Lady Gaga was that old!

Ha! No, I just meant the 80s big hair, thin ties, make-up....I have to admit Missing Persons must've started most of those fashion trends back then. Boobs are good.

Larry oughta' know, right?

Attachments

• Pink_cropped.jpg
    Pink_cropped.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 342
Ha! No, I just meant the 80s big hair, thin ties, make-up....I have to admit Missing Persons must've started most of those fashion trends back then. Boobs are good.

Larry oughta' know, right?

Well that picture of Larry looks nothing like his avatar pic!

I was going to say, if you're going to post from this US Festival footage, you have to include the performance of "US Drag" where Terry just goes off at the end.

But now I can't find that video.

Funny, in the early 80's, I thought they were just another weird new wave band, and it seemed to be all about Terry's outfits (or lack of). It was odd many years later when I discovered Bozzio is a drum god, and then going back and really giving Missing Person's a serious listen, and realizing all the cool stuff he was doing with in a very pop context.
Most definitely an influence.

I also love Boozio on Jeff Beck's "Guitar Shop" and Vai's "Sex and Religion" album.

Bought Spring Session M when it came out. Was about the only New Wave-ish music I ever liked.

Back