20" meinl byzance traditional medium crash
14" meinl byzance dark

here's a couple videos of the kit mic'd up:
thrice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNfN5BQ9z5o
paper route:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k55MnDI0kms&feature=related

Nice kit dude!
Really basic set-up, me likes! Really like the finish on that kit too and your cymbals sound awesome :) Pretty cool playing too, keep it up! And also, welcome to DW. Have fun :D

I use a big set-up usually, an 8 piece with various cymbals around but I've been playing a 6 piece at the moment with a crash and ride. Sometimes just my ride.

Couldn't hear the real drum sound with the blue goop on the heads your squashing the tone of the drums by forcing them to decay much to soon. Your on the edge of the cymbals constantly so I have no idea how they sound except for their wash sound. Don't mean to be so negative young man I like the look but you have the drums muted and the cymbal play offers no notes just a back wash. The set up looks good very clean and workable but I have no idea what the sound is like, warm? crisp? bright? etc. Kick sounds ok not alot of bottom but that could be the recording are you using a kick drum mic? Do you have the drum pillowed? Are you mic ing internally? Whats your batter head? Doc

Great looking kit man, Kind of unusual with the big kicker and snare and smaller toms.

I'd really like to see some higher quality pictures of your kit from different angles and maybe a closeup of that snare.

No Ride?? Man, I'd be lost without one...

Couldn't hear the real drum sound with the blue goop on the heads your squashing the tone of the drums by forcing them to decay much to soon. Your on the edge of the cymbals constantly so I have no idea how they sound except for their wash sound. Don't mean to be so negative young man I like the look but you have the drums muted and the cymbal play offers no notes just a back wash. The set up looks good very clean and workable but I have no idea what the sound is like, warm? crisp? bright? etc. Kick sounds ok not alot of bottom but that could be the recording are you using a kick drum mic? Do you have the drum pillowed? Are you mic ing internally? Whats your batter head? Doc

*you're... not your.

Sorry, didn't mean to be so negative ;)

Nice to see another 26" kick player! You look like you're sitting really really low, but maybe that's the video making it look like that.

Back