I saw Fleetwood Mac last night. WOW!

wsabol

Gold Member
Dreams is one of my favorite songs ever, and to hear Stevie Nicks do that live is a big check of the bucket list.

Mick Fleetwood was KILLER. I've been familiar with his playing, but only on record. Live, he is a very dynamic player and performer. I really felt him driving the bus and keeping absolutely rock solid time. Truly inspiring.

Something really surprised me at the concert. When they did some of their old old stuff, Mick walked down and got on a straight up cocktail kit. It was crazy. Everybody was asking me what it was. Did Mick actually play a cocktail kit back in the day, or is his using that no just to get that sound??

The percussionist they had on stage was confusing me a bit too. He was behind one of the risers, but I could still him rocking out. When he wasn't doing shaker, tambourine, or other aux percussion instrument, I could see him rocking out and cymbals being played. It was almost as if he was playing double drums with Mick. And I don't know if it was the echo or what, but it definitely sounded like double drums at times as well. Does this normally happen? Has anyone seen this before? It kinda pissed me off, and if I were Mick i'd be ticked that I was being overdubbed live by another drummer.

Given Mick Fleetwood leads the band, I'm sure he's the one who hired the percussionist himself. I doubt he minds. Mick loves tribal drum sections, marching bands, and the like, so I'm sure the double drums aspect appeals to him. Mick is also pretty aware of limitations.

Mick has a great autobiography that well worth the read.

I've never seen Fleetwood Mac live. Ticket prices when they come to Los Angeles are ridiculously high.

I have watched the Concert DVD The Dance dozens of times, mostly because I love watching Mick and his Marty Feldman-like eyes as he plays. In that concert Mick came up front with a snare, floor tom and one cymbal to play a few songs. He did not have a percussionist, though.

I think I've seen him play a cocktail kit before on a few things. I've never had the chance to see them live. Although I would miss them without Christine McVie, I always thought she was the better singer. She's not touring anymore is she?

Although I would miss them without Christine McVie, I always thought she was the better singer. She's not touring anymore is she?

No. She quit the music business.

I've read she sold off all her equipment, sold her house, and moved off to somewhere remote.

My wife walked down the isle to "Songbird" at our wedding.

No. She quit the music business.

I've read she sold off all her equipment, sold her house, and moved off to somewhere remote.

My wife walked down the isle to "Songbird" at our wedding.

Yea, last I heard she was in England somewhere. I read on her wiki that shes showed up Fleetwood Mac concerts and but just to watch, she doesn't even join the band on stage at any point.

Is she still married to the bass player, and does he still play with them?

Mick Fleetwood is awesome. Not sure if he still does it, but he used to do this bit where he would come out from behind the kit, and he had all these electronic drum triggers planted in his outfit. Then he would do this solo where it looks like he is slapping himself all over his legs and torso. Really good stuff.

Mick Fleetwood is awesome. Not sure if he still does it, but he used to do this bit where he would come out from behind the kit, and he had all these electronic drum triggers planted in his outfit. Then he would do this solo where it looks like he is slapping himself all over his legs and torso. Really good stuff.

lol. that's really cool. But no he didn't do that last night.

I really felt him driving the bus and keeping absolutely rock solid time. Truly inspiring.

Totally. He and John are just another classic example of how the very best bands always have the tightest and most cohesive rhythm sections. As I always say.....get down with your bass player guys. It's no coincidence the very best always do.

As for Stevie, man that voice has sent shivers down my spine since I was a kid. One of my very favourite vocalists of all time.

They divorced in the 70's.

But John McVee is still the "Mc" in Fleetwood "mac".

An alcohol-induced seizure in 1987 finally prompted him to kick the drinking habit, and he has been sober ever since. In 1989, McVie's wife Julie Ann gave birth to their first child, a daughter, Molly McVie.

Back