Drum lessons survey for my business studies courswork- 2 minutes please!

heavy-metal-bongos

I've got to do market research of the drum tuition market and I deciced Drummerworld forum would do!

If everyone could answer the first three questions and the second part if you have had experience teaching. I need 20 responses so I can stop using your time after that.
Thanks very much.

As a Student
1) How much would/do you pay for drum lessons (hourly rate)?

2) How often do you receive drum lessons?

3) How/where do you recieve your tuition?

As a Teacher
1) How much do you charge for drum lessons (hourly rate)?

2) What is your monthly income from lessons (approximately)?

3) What is the source of your tuition material?

Cheers,
Ben

Last edited:
As a Student
Depends on the teacher. I would say $35/h is an acceptable average.

Currently, a half an hour lesson once a week.

3) Do you receive lessons from independent tutors or tuition companies?
I have received lessons from 3 independent teachers. One is through my university and I have to take lessons to get a scholarship.

I currently taking Jazz drumming lessons in Maine. I contacted a jazz drummer I've known for 5 or 6 years for some help in a new venture I'm doing with a Big Band. He's charging me $16 for an hour and I see him every two weeks in his home. It isn't a usual teacher/student setup. I've been playing Rock and Country for 50 years and traditional Blues for the past 5.

As a Student
I study music at college, and my lessons are free. Depending on the teacher's credentials, I'd be willing to pay $50 for weekly private lessons, or up to $100 for one-offs with an international "star".

Semi-weekly. Previously I've received weekly lessons.

3) Do you receive lessons from independent tutors or tuition companies?
I study music at college. The teacher is a renowned freelancer working on the college's payroll.

As a Teacher
1) How much do you charge for drum lessons (hourly rate)?
$41 / 60 minutes.

2) What is your monthly income from lessons (approximately)?
Between $1,000 and $1,500.

3) Do you teach material that you created or use/ buy the rights to use material that is written by someone else?
I use both my own material and readily available drum books, and I also have my students buy the essential books for themselves.

Student:
1.) $40/hr
2.) 1/2 hr / week
3.) not sure... a "school for drumming" basically its 5-6 independent teachers that banded together teach out of a central location (err... 2 locations now actually).

Teacher

1) $22.50 per 1/2.....$41.00 per hour

2) about $3,500.00 a month ...sometimes a bit more....sometimes a bit less

3) both

I've got to do market research of the drum tuition market and I deciced Drummerworld forum would do!

As a Student

3) How/where do you recieve your tuition?

1. I would pay up to $40/hr

2. Never took a lesson, but I should.

3. I would prefer a live session. But a video would be helpful too. Just haven't had a place to set-up at home for years and years and years. Have to go to a studio to play.

Back