Just Bass and Drums!

Simple but effective, that's where it's at these days. Killed it!

You did good. She sings well. But it sounds a little lean. It might help if she varied the bass melody or stepped on a distortion pedal sometimes. Or maybe run her bass through a looper, make the bass thing more complex.

Got any more videos?

Thank you! I think I used to mask my inability to be a more simple, tight drummer by being busy. I know a lot of drummers are guilty of this lol Thanks for checking it out!

So true.

She sings well. But it sounds a little lean. It might help if she varied the bass melody or stepped on a distortion pedal sometimes. Or maybe run her bass through a looper, make the bass thing more complex.
Disagree. I think the focus on that band is on simplicity and the vocals, which are pretty on. She also had a good smattering of pedals and I saw some button pressing.

You did good. She sings well. But it sounds a little lean. It might help if she varied the bass melody or stepped on a distortion pedal sometimes. Or maybe run her bass through a looper, make the bass thing more complex.

Got any more videos?

Thank you :) I suppose there are some natural limitations to a two piece. Was thinking about adding a sample pad (Roland) one day but for now we just gotta keep it simple.
Here's a video with a song that we recorded prior to becoming a two piece. We still play the song and it translates pretty well. I actually like it better now and I'm constantly consider rerecording it but we're on to other new songs lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zgoAYHFvKw

Hot Dang I just love the New Eyes video-that was super awesome!! I can't believe that is just the two of you???

I like drums + another instrument duos. Drums and bass, drums and sax, etc. I like being able to play more and fill the space, and it can be more interesting than just solo drums.

Technically though, this one is drums, bass and vocals so it's a bit more.

Hot Dang I just love the New Eyes video-that was super awesome!! I can't believe that is just the two of you???

Yup. They're like a peppier version of another one of my favorite duos, Royal Blood. You should look them up too. Drummer is a beast.

Basically it's a fancy setup of pedals and often times different amps setup together to "fill out" the spaces where both bass and guitar might separately reside. If you think about it, guitar and drum duos will a lot of the time do the opposite where they accentuate the low end.

In any case, this duo here works quite well. Here's hoping the drummer stays around to chat for a while!

Thank you! On the recording we had a different drummer. A good friend of ours. I played the bass and guitar and Pure Joy was the singer, of course. It gets a little confusing. haha We play this song as a two piece and it's really cool.

I like drums + another instrument duos. Drums and bass, drums and sax, etc. I like being able to play more and fill the space, and it can be more interesting than just solo drums.

Technically though, this one is drums, bass and vocals so it's a bit more.

I like em too ;) We believe the core of most great music is bass and drums so that's all we'll need to create a great sound :) Apparently, Nick Mason believes that too, although he clearly had more than bass and drum in Pink Floyd lol!!

Yup. They're like a peppier version of another one of my favorite duos, Royal Blood. You should look them up too. Drummer is a beast.

Basically it's a fancy setup of pedals and often times different amps setup together to "fill out" the spaces where both bass and guitar might separately reside. If you think about it, guitar and drum duos will a lot of the time do the opposite where they accentuate the low end.

In any case, this duo here works quite well. Here's hoping the drummer stays around to chat for a while!

Yes, it's very similar and I cant say we did not study what RB does ;) I will certainly be sticking around. Dig the forums and getting feedback from the community is gold. I'll ask my direct drummer friends but I cant help but feel that gets filtered because we're friends, ya know?? lol It's great to get the view from strangers and eventually become friends :)

Thanks for your thoughts!
Rob.

Back