How do I fit my double bass pedal with hi-hat stand?

EXPORTdrum

Hey everyone, I just bought a double bass pedal, and I cant figure out how to fit it correctly with my 3-legged hi-hat stand. I don't want to buy a new hi-hat stand, so I'm kind of stuck.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

does your tripod on the hh stand rotate? if so rotate it to the left and put your pedal where the leg was. or you can save your pennies and get a new hat stand, which may not seem worth it now, but will come in handy for years to come

The best option would be to buy a two-legged high hat stand. However, since this isn't something your open to, You should try putting the bass pedal to the left of the high hat pedal.

I just put the left foot pedal (assumung you're right handed) between the hi hat pedal and the right hand leg of the stand. this works well as the two pedals are nice and close

I had the same problem when I buy my double pedal. If your hit-hat stand doesn't rotate, you can put the footboard on the right UNDER your stand's leg. If it doesn't work, try to open the tree legs a bit more to get more space. For me, it works.

I hope it helps!

Obviously, best option is two legged but... yeah.

Invest in some plastic knives, cut a leg off.

Put the double pedal to the left of your high hat? Helps.

Hey Export,

I'm in the same sitch- just bought my 1st double bass pedal, and am SO addicted to it after using it a month or 2. Feels good, don't it?

What I've been doing for the most ease and comfort is putting the left bass pedal on the right side of my HH pedal, tucked under the far right leg of the HH stand. That makes for pretty good access, but having size 13 shoes, I can't slide my left foot completely under the right HH leg, but still good enough for some fast bass pedal riffs.

What I'm planning next week is to chop, grind, and weld a longer, more open far right leg on my HH stand-- to rise up and over the left bass pedal by 2-3 inches, and help snug the bass pedal right up next to the HH pedal.
I do custom welding and metal fabrication as a hobby (ex-union ironworker) and will probably take pics of the finished product. Just ask anyone here- I'm a real "cheapskate" dude who would rather fabricate than pay outrageous prices for new stuff!

Cheers,
C. P.

Back