Two unsung drummers

Fishnmusicn

Burleigh Drummond, Cactus Moser - I'm probably a little older than some of you guys, but I could go back even further. These guys were (or still are) journeymen. Burleigh steady and interesting, and Cactus creative, complementing the beat with little flourishes.

I'm sure you can come up with your own examples, but these guys brought a little extra and helped define who their bands were (Ambrosia and Highway 101). Just posting this for those guys who appreciate steady players. These guys along with many more you can think of are unsung but not forgotten...

Fishnmusicn

I completely agree with you about Burleigh! I've been a big fan of Ambrosia for a long time and have always enjoyed his style, especially when I get to see the videos of him playing! Truly a "aficionado" of his instrument in my book!
Nice work appreciating and bringing forward two unsung drumming legends (should be, anyway!)

I'm a big fan of Ambrosia as well, one of the top five bands I like, and Burleigh always provided some interesting beats and fills. Cactus Moser, for a country drummer, always had some little splashes and tom fills going on that made me take notice.

Back