NAMM 2011 — Brundlefly Photo Blog

Brundlefly

shapeimage_2.png

Part one is up with much more on the way. Focus this year was on more juicy drum shots and less "other stuff" due to work deadlines and failing body parts.

You can get to the main site here.

Or skip my wordy BS, and go directly to NAMM 2011 Part 1, featuring Mapex, Taye, Diril, Truth and Berndt.

Click here for NAMM 2011 — Part 2, featuring Tama, Paiste, Ford, Crush, Craviotto, Bosphorus and more.

Click here for NAMM 2011 — part 3, featuring Noble & Cooley, Stagg, Promark, Dynamicx, Masterwork, Greatsch, Sabian, Sleishman and Brady

Click here for NAMM 2011 — part 4, featuring Yamaha, Spaun, Hammerax, GMS, Pearl, UFIP and Rotek

Click here for NAMM 2011 — part 5, featuring Ludwig, Fidock, Anatolian, Meinl, Acoutin, Natal, Pork Pie, SJC, Peace, World Max, Zildjian and DW

Working hard on getting part 5 posted ASAP. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Very nicely done. I enjoyed your coverage and photos of NAMM 2010 and was hoping you'd repeat for 2011. Thank you!

I saw the Crush drums in my local store this past week and was not impressed. Gary, Gwaco and I were giving them the once over. From what I understand they are made by some guys that left DDrum. The lugs all have plastic inserts. the lugs on the bass drum had no gaskets under them and sat below the bass drum hoop at such an angle that they would end up scratching the hell out of the hoops. The set we saw was the lower line, 5 or 6 piece that was about 699. Also the mount for the 13 inch tom would not hold the weight of the tom and was propped up by a piece of an old mic. Too many issues for me. Just one mans opinion. I'll let gary speak for himself.

Why's that Bo, time off work issues?

Well, that, and when NAMM comes to town, we tend to be super busy (which is every week when there's a big convention in town). Plus, it's true; the door nazis are checkin' IDs along with the pass. A friend of mine tried to offer Disney passes and was unsuccessful. We've been busy doing this NAMM battle of the bands thing in Downtown Disney with an insane amount of gear, it's stupid! In our side of the block, every show is running, every band is playing, all three of our hotels are booked - it's like Christmas break all over again!

Awesome!! I need to go to this thing some day. Did you get to see the new Zildjian e-cymbals? I play V-drums as well as acoustic, and am dying to find out the deal with those, but mums the word from Zildjian thus far.

Very nice photos... I think the Gretsch set you commented on about not be too Gretsch-like, was more of a representation of Gibraltar goods since both are owned by the same conglomerate.

Awesome!! I need to go to this thing some day. Did you get to see the new Zildjian e-cymbals? I play V-drums as well as acoustic, and am dying to find out the deal with those, but mums the word from Zildjian thus far.

You know, I looked around and didn't see them. I expect them to be the focus of that booth, but the booth was nearly identical to last year with the only obvious addition of some kind of tablet application on the side. Someone else found them because I have seen photos, so I don't know what happened. Maybe it was because Thomas Pridgen showed up while I was there and distracted me (and everyone else).

Very nice photos... I think the Gretsch set you commented on about not be too Gretsch-like, was more of a representation of Gibraltar goods since both are owned by the same conglomerate.

Sure. And that really came across last year when they made it more apparent what they were highlighting. This year, the read was different. Not a big deal, they still had one of the more classy showings.

Back