Beater shaft size(s)?

radman

This might be an odd question, but I have to ask ...

I've started to use my 25 year old Camco a little more. Being an 80's pedal, it has the old standard felt beater - the cylinder type. To experiment a little, I figured I would try the Tama CB90F Felt beater on the Camco.

To my surprise, the shaft of the CB90F was larger than the original beater and it would not fit into the pedal. The hole seems to be a bit tapered - the shaft will fit down to the first set screw, but not go past. I actually have a double Camco pedal and the left pedal is the same. I took the screws out completely to see if it would fit and to see how far the shaft was going.

In trying to find a different beater (online) that would fit, I find that the shaft size is not spec'ed in any of the sites I've viewed. I thought it was a standard size?

Can anyone offer guidance on sizes, what will (or will not work), etc. etc.?

radman

Try the Pearl 4 sided beater. Theyre pretty universal. They fit in Gibraltar pedals, Axis pedals, and Tama Iron Cobra Lever Glides.

Just in reference, DW shafts are bigger than the Pearl shafts. Im not sure if DW shafts are bigger/smaller than the Iron cobra beater shafts or not, but I was just using that as a reference. Hope it helps.

Back