Established band Looking for Drummer

cucumber187

header_myspace.gif

I don't know if I am posting this in the right place...... but I thought it couldn't hurt to give it a shot.
We are looking for a new drummer.
here are a few links (with plenty of mp3s) you can check out if you'd like:

http://www.myspace.com/escanabafiringline
http://cucumber187.multiply.com/music/item/62 {Some of the 'newer' songs can be found here}
http://cucumber187.multiply.com/music/item/51

We are based in the Ann Arbor area of Michigan and looking for a person who wants to be
'part of a band' not just a hired gun.
Someone with a high level of interest and dedication, being part of the writing,
touring (though not immediately), and all that jazz.
Also you'll need to be a decent player. We're not necessarily looking for someone
that drums just like what you'll hear on our tunes, but we do want someone who
is at least as good as our last drummer......
but like I said we are by no means looking for a 'carbon-copy'.

adad2uw7.jpg

Some of our influences:
Mahavishnu Orchestra, Fugazi, Sonic Youth, Pearl Jam, Jimi Hendrix Experience,
Sunny Day Real Estate, Miles Davis, the MC5, Pixies, Tool, Freddie Hubbard,
J Mascis, Santana, Godspeed! You Black Emperor, John Coltrane, Led Zeppelin,
Jawbox, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Al Di Meola, Small Brown Bike, and the list
goes on and on.

If you are interested shoot me a email with some info about yourself (interests,
what kind of music you dig- bands and whatnot, list of your equipment, and anything
else that might help us).
We'll be doing a weekend of "auditions" August 9th-10th
We're all pretty nice guys so feel free to drop me a line on myspace or email and we'll go from
there.
-jesse
[email protected]
Escanaba Firing Line

adadtu0.jpg

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place.

Oh my god...with those influences I want to be in your band....A band that likes MC5 and Mahavishnu Orchestra is awesome...

Pity I live in Ohio though...

I guess that isn't that far...

hmm...

geeez- you guys should move to michigan....... after all the economy is great here! we do have plenty of fresh water though...... just wait, it will become pretty important.
thanks to both of you guys though.

yes all of our art is done by me actually.

ohio guy- you should message me..... ya never know- crazier things have happened after all.

I am interested in possibly joining your band im 22 years old i have been playing drums for 7 years and i really just want to get out and play around I live about 30mins from ann arbor so not far at all...let me know

I really do like what I heard. Very nice. "This isn't an instrumental but a song about an instrumental" ! Awesome!

I wish you lived a little closer. I love the type of music you are into. I'm in Windsor, Ontario about 60 miles away. If you have a set of drums there already maybe we could jam sometime. (It gets sticky trying to move drums across the border.)

Hello, I noticed that your post has been up for a while, I am not sure if you already have a band or not, or if you are still interested in being a part of a band. get back to me if you are interested or if you know anyone who is.

Blessings.

Back