Premier Genista vs Sonor Select force

Hi everyone, So I know these series aren't super well known, I did create a premier genista thread prior to this, but wanted to create another one, this time, putting it in the boxing ring with the Sonor Select force. So for you guys to pick your favorite out of these two and why. btw, this would be the current genista series, cheers ;)

Are you looking to buy one of these are just taking a poll?

If you're talking about the original Genistas then they're considerably better than the Sonor Select drums, in fact they were as good as the Sonorlite drums which were top of the range in their day.

The new ones are still good, but not that good. However, they'll still be at least as good as the Sonor drums, if not better. All this comes down to personal preference however and the ones that are best for you are the ones that sound most like what you are looking for.

If you're talking about the original Genistas then they're considerably better than the Sonor Select drums, in fact they were as good as the Sonorlite drums which were top of the range in their day.

The new ones are still good, but not that good. However, they'll still be at least as good as the Sonor drums, if not better. All this comes down to personal preference however and the ones that are best for you are the ones that sound most like what you are looking for.

So the new genistas are more semi pro and actually professional?

The Genista is Professional series of drums. They along with the Signia were premier's two flag ship model lines of drums. The Genistas are some of the nicest birch shell drums ever made IMHO. The original Genistas were made in England using the air seal manufacturing system that was obtained when Yamaha owned Premier drums. The plating on these drums is superb, much superior to anything made in the orient or the U.S.

Yeah, even though Premier aren't that popular, there something about them that seems kind of majestic, I love Sonor, but these are just gorgeous, epecially how add ons are easily avaible, only problem is I cant test one :(

Hmmm. Seeing that the genista is a little higher grade than the sonor. How would you compare it to the TAMA star classic birch bubinga?

Hmmm. Seeing that the genista is a little higher grade than the sonor. How would you compare it to the TAMA star classic birch bubinga?

That is more appropriate kit to compare IMO.

If I were you.. and you like Premier.. I would just get the top line Premier "Series" , but used.

That is more appropriate kit to compare IMO.

If I were you.. and you like Premier.. I would just get the top line Premier "Series" , but used.

yeah, I thought so, I'll just create a new thread comparing those 2, haha. I'll try checking the Premier series out (I love the whole Gen-X idea).

My 8x7 select force tom has lug splay and i can't tune it properly because of that... Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

The Genista is a top of the line model of drums,whereas the Birch Bubinga is a mid priced line of drums. Sonically a 100% birch kit will sound different from a birch/bubinga hybrid kit.

Back