My Unix White Ash kit

Gorgeous pics especially with those paistes. Love at first sight...

For an audio... hmmm badly, i'm not equipped for that...

Doing a high quality audio that really deserve and do justice to the drum sound isn't easy(i think??)

Maybe i'll have one(?)... i'll look at some of my musicians friends, but to post an audio sample it have to be really great...

:)

I don't normally post just to say that a kit is gorgeous.

But that kit is so gorgeous. Really really really gorgeous.

I don't normally post just to say that a kit is gorgeous.

But that kit is so gorgeous. Really really really gorgeous.

If you say that, I take it as a credible Gorgeous call ! but i send all the credit to François at Unix...

Also, i'm trying to find the right words to describe the sound of my awesome sweet beast. I sincerely think this kit deserve some praise X 10. Not just because it's my kit, just because i'm totally astounding by the tone of the overall kit and particularly the INCREDIBLE bass drum... i just think i have to find other words than incredible but anyway i have to mention that it's incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now i go for some drum poetry composition to find the right words to describe my sweet beast... ( english is my second, so...)

Now i just fear that nothing but drumming make my day :p

My misfortune this weekend turned into a benefit.

The entire area in the military middle east is without government internet and there are no morale phone calls until?

I was able to find a 64K wi-fi connection, and finally see this magnificent kit. This connection isn't as heavily filtered.

I was impressed by the GMS white ash kit (Keller shells). It's still a nice kit. But it's nothing compared to this. If given the two at the same price it's no contest. This stave kit is superior.

I have no doubt it's more powerful along with being more beautiful than the GMS in every way.

Wooooa...One of the most beatiful I've ever seen, the pictures are great too. What kind of camera are you using?

Most unix kits make me drool. This one made me drool more! Absolutely beautiful finish.

Wooooa...One of the most beatiful I've ever seen, the pictures are great too. What kind of camera are you using?

I use a Canon 40D (I just have one lens yet, 28-135 mm IS usm), a great tool! but i'm not a pro photographer... I know that my pictures have some flaws( if a critic eyes look at them)

I surely take some more pics when my kit will be complete( with my snare and ride) and take the time to do a background without distracting thing, also trying to do better angle shots... but hey! that's for your eyes pleasure :) ... and my proud pleasure lol !!

Again thanx all for your kind words about my lovely kit, always sweet to have good comments ;-) ... if i can invite all of you to try it you'll certainly be impressed with it's sonic capacity too...

I use a Canon 40D (I just have one lens yet, 28-135 mm IS usm), a great tool! but i'm not a pro photographer... I know that my pictures have some flaws( if a critic eyes look at them)

I surely take some more pics when my kit will be complete( with my snare and ride) and take the time to do a background without distracting thing, also trying to do better angle shots... but hey! that's for your eyes pleasure :) ... and my proud pleasure lol !!

Again thanx all for your kind words about my lovely kit, always sweet to have good comments ;-) ... if i can invite all of you to try it you'll certainly be impressed with it's sonic capacity too...

Nice...I'd love to get a DSLR someday. You know, your pictures made me go downstairs and retrieve the old Yashica TL-Electro SLR Camera from the depths of some cupboard, I just gotta get me a film and I'm off to take some pictures - old school style! Thanks for the inspiration.

Some new micellaneous pics...

...I can't think of any other way to say it.

Those drums are simply beautifull, and the more Unix kits I see, the more convinced I am that I am going to have one built for me.

My only fear is that it would be an insult to ask Francois to wrap a kit for me.

I hope that you get many years of non stop giggery out of those.

barry

My only fear is that it would be an insult to ask Francois to wrap a kit for me.

barry

:)

You surely can ask a special finish, there's not just woody looking kit he can make... for the wrap maybe he'll be willing too ??? ask him, nothing to loose... if you REALLY want a wrap and the full sound flavor of a Unix kit...

...salut' Francis.

Every Unix kit I have seen looks as though it would be at home in the National Museum of Modern Art. I would be less anal playing on a white marine pearl wrapped kit than I would be playing on one of his satin, or high gloss kits.

When I see the art and the pride that goes into a Unix finish, I would be ashamed to ask for a wrap. I would worry that asking Francois to wrap me a mahogany kit woukd be like asking the head cheff at the Waldorf Astoria to make me a bologna sandwich.

One day I will ask though...

barry

The Unix kits are bueatiful a work of art.
clapping_32x32_t.gif

Un-freakin believable. What's the word for something that just keeps getting better and better?

Oh yeah, Unix drums.

...salut' Francis.

Every Unix kit I have seen looks as though it would be at home in the National Museum of Modern Art. I would be less anal playing on a white marine pearl wrapped kit than I would be playing on one of his satin, or high gloss kits.

When I see the art and the pride that goes into a Unix finish, I would be ashamed to ask for a wrap. I would worry that asking Francois to wrap me a mahogany kit woukd be like asking the head cheff at the Waldorf Astoria to make me a bologna sandwich.

One day I will ask though...

barry

Unix's kits are indeed unusual and beautiful.

I look forward to the day, however, when non-ply wood construction is so common that no one would think twice about wrapping a stave kit. Objectively, a stave kit is not inherently any more or less beautiful than a ply kit; we just aren't accustomed to seeing wood displayed in the stave fashion, which makes a stave kit all the more exotic.

Unix's kits are indeed unusual and beautiful.

I look forward to the day, however, when non-ply wood construction is so common that no one would think twice about wrapping a stave kit. Objectively, a stave kit is not inherently any more or less beautiful than a ply kit; we just aren't accustomed to seeing wood displayed in the stave fashion, which makes a stave kit all the more exotic.

...that is the dilema.

A stave kit is as much a thing of beauty as it is a functional instrument. To cover it with a wrap would hide one of the key features that make these drums unique. It would no doubt still sound great, especially with the round over edges.

I know that you are a true believer in virgin shells, I want to have a rail mount and cymbal arm mounted on my bass drum, and the rack tom mount bolted directly to the shell.

It feels almost sacriligious.

Francois. If you are lurking here, I am hoping to get in touch with you.

Some time in the new year.

barry

Back