My Unix White Ash kit

Francis

Unix staves shells, just for you and... you!! ( more pics on post # 31)

Last edited:
Well well well...that's just beautiful! Welcome to the club! ;)

What are the specs, BTW? I'm guessing 22, 14, 12, 10?

Nice club to be in ;)

specs:
22x18
10x8
12x9
14x14
14x5.5... but i don't have the snare yet, surely here soon!!!

and later for the sound description... :p

Last edited:
I look forward to hearing it, I'm sure it's incredible. I've never heard an ash kit before. Out of curiosity, what made you choose ash as your wood type? I like the lugs too!

I have all the same sizes except I got a 16x14 floor tom (no 14") and a 14x6.5 snare, which should arrive sometime soon.

BTW - I forgot to mention, I have an ash stave shell on the way that I'm going to finish, drill and build myself...so I guess I'll know soon enough!

Last edited:
1. IS it ash stave???

2. Please upload a photo as an attachment...I have to see this!!

Out of curiosity, what made you choose ash as your wood type?

I've hesitate for the wood, so many choices; walnut, cherry, bubinga... but wanted an affordable wood but not the common maple. And also heard here and there that the ash have a lot of attack, can i say a LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but it keep a round warmness, just the warm touch we need and beautiful tone( i'll try to make a better and longer description of the sound later... don't forget that i'm not a professional drummer too)

Also, I like the classy straight line of the ash wood.

Definitly think i made a real good choice!!!!!!!

Very nice kit. Paiste Twenty cymbals?

Very nice kit. Paiste Twenty cymbals?

Thx!, Twenty just for the hat, a 2002 20" crash and a 2002 poweride 22"

Can i say that all my kit is beyond my expectation... surely over my Roland td3, what a different feeling.

WoooooWeeee!

Frank is really making a name of himself with these beautiful drums!

1. IS it ash stave???

2. Please upload a photo as an attachment...I have to see this!!

1. Yes ash staves shell

2. you don't see them??? ... i can send you some link in PM

1. Yes ash staves shell

2. you don't see them??? ... i can send you some link in PM

Stave ash??? That rocks!!

I can't see any "links" here in the middle east. All sites like photobucket are blocked. I can only see *some* standard websites, and attachments. :(

Man, all of the unix kits i've seen here are stunning, but yours is the first i can honestly say i can't tell where the seams are. Unix did one heluva job on it.

Hey off-topic, can all you unix owners please pm me your kit specs and what you paid for your kits? I always thought that custom stave drums were waaay more than top-end factory kits but now i hear that they're not. I might have to consider an upgrade if it's within the realm of possibility.

Wow Francis, c'est un ostie de beau kit ! François s'est encore surpassé !!!

Surely that's a lifetime kit.

Je suis d'accord!!! Ca c'est belle tambours!! J'espere qui je peux ils.

I hope my French was good and all the francophones (French speakers) could understand that! I'm learning French, and I have become half way fluent.

Back