Improvisation No. 1 for Wind, Percussion and Dog

Talent in abundance :)
It creates a nice vibe, the sound quality is rather good, too. I like it!

Aww nice!

My mind's eye is taking me to Ayer's Rock, even though I've never been there... late evening...midnight blue aussie sky.. red clay everywhere... bonfire.. whiskey.. ( hmmm.. mebbe a mild reefer.. ), native aborigines sweating, dancing, hungry dingos skulking in the shadows, and the wonderful Mz. Grea at the center of it all.

It does have a vibe. It does make sense. It is musical.

Wonderful - ludicrous, & just damn right silly. I love it, especially the strain to contain laughter from the non quadruped contributors!

Agree with Abe's vibe thoughts, & very good quality recording.

@ Arky - it was just recorded on an H2 Zoom but it is very clear with nice tones. Could be my living room's acoustics, which remain very live until I add rugs and canvas art. Probably good for small things like this but hard on the ears when drumming.

@ Toolate - Neither alcohol nor illegal herbiage was consumed!

@ Abe - Never been to Uluru, though I hope to. Might have added didgeridoo but the dog goes insane and physically attacks it. This is the kind of Ayers Rock that might appeal to an old fusion head like you (and me) ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FbVV9p2dEk

@ Andy, I wish I had a video recording because it was funny to watch too. Not sure what Mme Z thinks she's doing ... probably trying to tell me to stop making that annoying sound lol

Attachments

• doggie.jpg
    doggie.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 123
The day is not over.... sounded like the dog was really going to get into to for a bit there too. I got really excited.

The day is not over.... sounded like the dog was really going to get into to for a bit there too. I got really excited.

Yup, she worked up a head of steam. Just wait for the didge improv - she'll be foaming at the mouth! Funny thing, she barks at the flute but will come to me when I whistle - how does that work?

Cool Grea, I like the general vibe, especially the wind instrument...

... Ian Anderson would be proud :)

Maybe a bit more like Charles Lloyd's Tagore with added canine ;)

I just played Cross-Eyed Mary for doggie and no reaction, still shattered after a brutal 90 minute walk we just had, no doubt.

Reminds me of 'Seamus' or 'Mademoiselle Nobs' by Pink Floyd for some reason...

Could it be the flute? The percussion? Hmmm ...

Seamus is a gifted conventional melodic vocalist whereas Mme Z is more freestyle.

This is strangely musical. Almost...restrained. I like it!

If you find yourself dating the songwriter of one of the worlds most popular bands, just stop or else the rest of the world will blame you for that band's break up!

haha

I just played Cross-Eyed Mary for doggie and no reaction, still shattered after a brutal 90 minute walk we just had, no doubt.

Shattered? maybe... or sulking!

You didn't play the song for the recording, now she won't talk (bark) with you for a few days :)

Loved it. My dog barked throughout, prompted no doubt by the barks of your own.

She's a beauty, too!

Thanks for the comments, guys - getting a chuckle up here in Oz. Restrained ... Yoko ... dogs jamming ...

Larry8, could you try playing it again for your dog - this time with the recorder on, and then post the MP3 here? This could be a work in progress!

Back