Don Cornelius dies at 75

I am older and I do remember from day one. I watched that show for a long time.
RIP

Soul Train was on every Saturday (as I recall) in my house back in the 1970's.

Thousands who never ever saw the show, know the call of the Soooooouuuuul Train. He certainly made a mark on American (if not world) culture.​

Remember it well. RIP, Don.

I saw Bowie trying to lip synch Fame on there one time and was rolling on the floor laughing. Maybe I can find it.

edit: I guess it wasn't that bad. I could have been impaired.

Soul Train was the s$%#! Saturday morning cartoons, then Fat Albert, followed by Soul Train then American Bandstand. Miss those damn days!

Watch the beginning of this video and how Rick James starts singing without a microphone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuN805QgP9M

I remember catching the tail end of Don Cornelius' time on Soul Train as a youth. That was great stuff! After Miles Davis, Don was easily the coolest man in America, also the only cat who wasn't dressed like an idiot back in the 70's.

This news is as shocking as it is sad. I can hardly come to grips with what happened. America lost a powerhouse human being yesterday. I'm not old enough to have watched the show live, but I've seen almost every episode. I love Soul Train and know the magnitude of influence it had on American culture. May Don Cornelius rest in peace as his legacy and inspiration endure forever.

Love, Peace, and Soul.

really sad news, such a good show. RIP.

Back