Big Chunks Of Tomato In Tomato Sauce

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
Since I was a young child I have had a problem with big chunks of tomato in my spaghetti sauce.
I like big chunks of meat, other vegetables, or anything else in my sauce.
I just can't stand big chunks of tomato!
Am I alone in the world?

I like a slice of tomato on a sandwich but as far as cooking tomatoes other than to make sauce, yuck. Stewed, cooked, I have no need for them.

There is no Jar sauce that I like.
I have to make my own.
I par boil the tomatoes, I peel them. I then put them into my blender and I let it rip until the tomatoes are smooth.
Only then can I make my sauce.

The smooth sauce that comes in a jar doesn't have the big chunks of meat and other veggies that I like.
I have tried adding to them, but the flavor just isn't there.

The sauces that come in a jar that do have big chunks of meat and veggies, also have big chunks of tomato in them.
If I put those sauces into a blender, The chunks of the things that I like disappear!

That is why I have to make my own.

Since I was a young child I have had a problem with big chunks of tomato in my spaghetti sauce.
I like big chunks of meat, other vegetables, or anything else in my sauce.
I just can't stand big chunks of tomato!
Am I alone in the world?

I've always hated spaghetti sauce in my chunks of tomato...

Actually, I'm not a fan of tomato chunks either. Then again, I'm a very picky eater.

I've always hated spaghetti sauce in my chunks of tomato...

Actually, I'm not a fan of tomato chunks either. Then again, I'm a very picky eater.
I guess so!
So I take it that you don't like tomato sauce?
Are you human? LOL

You can send all your unwanted tomato chunks to me. Mmm gimmee a big bowl of them steamin' chunks.

I don't wanna be hearing no chunk hate here fellas. Don't make me come over there. Cmon, it's closer to the natural form! Mamby pambys!

Better include this just in case... :)

I don't wanna be hearing no chunk hate here fellas. Don't make me come over there. Cmon, it's closer to the natural form! Mamby pambys!

Better include this just in case... :)
Oh, go and and tighten up your reso heads some more, Will ya!

I'm with Larry - I like tomatoes. They often find their way into my salads, soups or steamed veggie creations ... I cook the same way as I drum - no frills! I don't see the prob with stewed tomatoes, especially if there's cheese involved. I didn't like them as a child but that was a long time ago ...

What bugs me is poor texture - undercooked potato and bananas that are not ripe enough to be nice and soft. IMO bananas should be tuned JAW

I'm with Larry - I like tomatoes. They often find their way into my salads, soups or steamed veggie creations ... I cook the same way as I drum - no frills! I don't see the prob with stewed tomatoes, especially if there's cheese involved. I didn't like them as a child but that was a long time ago ...

What bugs me is poor texture - undercooked potato and bananas that are not ripe enough to be nice and soft. IMO bananas should be tuned JAW
My banana has been tuned at Jaw for many years now!

I like bananas. I even like the word. ba na na. It's fun, isn't it? They taste best when the first brown spots appear. I had 3 today.

How did a harmless thread about tomatoes turn into a thread about bananas?
I blame Polly!

Back