Tama Chrome Cobra pedal issue (clamping to bassdrum)

zachary

Hey guys, i've recently brought a 1960's ludwig kit. I love the kit, but im having a few problems with my bass drum pedal. It fits on the bass drum but its really loose and if i tighten the nut so its tighter one side of the pedal lifts off the floor. This is really freaking me out. My old bass drum was a 24' my new bass drum is 22' but ive had the pedal on smaller bass drums in the past and it hasnt been a problem. Do i need to get a new pedal or am i being dumb and missing something? Any help would be grateful. cheers guys. zachary

Re: Chrome Cobra Bass drum pedal problem

Make sure the pedal is perfectly level with the floor, and raise the front of the bass drum a little, the wood hoop on the batter head will be nearer the floor, if that doesn't cure the problem, take a pic and post it here so we can identify fully what's wrong.

This happens with alot of pedals but I have this problem with my iron cobra too... you can move the pedal to the left or right (depending on which side is lifting) so that it sits flush with the floor when tightened.

Back