Wood hoop or wood/metal hoop for snare?

dre

I'm looking into buying a wood hoop for my snare. Currently I have a standard metal hoop that I don't like playing on. I like hitting my snare for rim shots but try not to because of how fast I burn through my sticks.

HELP!

Should I look into a Gibraltar Dunnett Wood/Metal Drum Hoop or just save the extra 25 dollars and get the regular batter wood hoop? Or should I look into something else?

My style is mostly punk, hardcore, and pop punk.

Thank you!

if you're playing punk, perhaps instead of a triple flanged hoop you should look into a die-cast hoop? its still made out of metal but the actual hoop itself is more rigid, which will give you a more focused attack
Or sonically, half way between a die cast & triple flange hoop - buy an 'S' hoop. It'll save your sticks better than any metal hoop, & they sound great too.

Or sonically, half way between a die cast & triple flange hoop - buy an 'S' hoop. It'll save your sticks better than any metal hoop, & they sound great too.

I really like the flanged hoop. It sounds more jazzy and not as intense as the die cast. What kind of music is preferred for wood hoops?

if you're playing punk, perhaps instead of a triple flanged hoop you should look into a die-cast hoop? its still made out of metal but the actual hoop itself is more rigid, which will give you a more focused attack

I liked the flanged hoop. The die cast was a little too intense for what I like. Thanks for the help bud!

Back