Evans Genera Dry & Supraphonic?

samdrum

Has anyone tried this head with a Ludwig 6.5x14 Supra? If so was it a good or bad choice? I want to experiment with getting rid of some of the ring from my Luddy but I don't want to completely dry it out where there is no character. I use snare side Ambassador and a coated Ambassador batter. I have used Vintage Emperors in the past as the batter. Just looking to try something new.

I always used Remo heads, but put an Evans Genera dry on my refurbished 70's Acrolite. I wanted a dryer sound, geared more toward a symphonic drum sound. Supras are very comparable. I love the Genera head! It has a very dry, crisp sound, with almost no ring. I would not go with the HD dry head. I also switched snares to Puresound 16 strand concerts. This is a good combination for me. Heads should be matched with snares. I have a 3mil clear head on the bottom. I would give it a go and see what you think!

Sounds good. I was going to stay clear of the HD Dry. I still want that Supra ring, just not as much as I am getting now. I had a set of 42 strand wires on it but i took those off and am going to try a set of PureSound 30's. I think it is deep enough to do the 30 and still get a lot of the drum sound and not al snare.

Anybody else?

Back