MOELLER METHOD

Re: Moeller Method Exclusively (condensed version)

Your about where I am except I'm a little slower and I seem to be stuck at this one speed,I guess I need some more practice.But you look like you have a good start. Great work keep it up.

WOW!, ABSOLUTLY FANTASTIC!

continue with the GOOD WORK ;)

Yah man, Very nice Video. One of the better moeller videos out there. And that alot, since there are quite a few!

Very nice. But I expect nothing less from "arguably the greatest living jazz drummer", as the bio states. DPS

Hey Doc,

To quote a Chapinism: "You've gotta make a riot!" or an even older quote:
"If I'm not for myself, who is for me?...and If I am only for myself, what am I?...and If not now, when?"

Thanks Doc...

centralzeke said:
Wow just great! You have hand technique that everyone wishes they had and perfect Moeller, you da man..

Thank you "centralzeke" for both taking the time to view & comment on the video...It's greatly appreciated...

bromasi said:
Your about where I am except I'm a little slower and I seem to be stuck at this one speed,I guess I need some more practice.But you look like you have a good start. Great work keep it up.

As you already know...stay loose, practising. Possibly, more important, keep up the motivation toward consistent practise, with the goal of breaking your current speed! Guess, it's safe to say most of us reach a level of facility and are satisfied with it....that tends to slow our progress...We have to get "hungry" again.

JacobKaye said:
it's safe to say most of us reach a level of facility and are satisfied with it....that tends to slow our progress...We have to get "hungry" again.

One of the pieces of wisdom that Johnny Rabb gave me was that its important to always be taking your steps in a true and forward way. That may seem painfully obvious at face value, but too often drummers take their steps in practicing and playing sideways or diagonally, or they are trying to leap too far or trying to cheat around the path with gimmicky tricks. Make sure that every day, not only in your drumming but in life as well, that what you are doing is a true and honest step forward toward that next level or the goal that you are aiming for. The size of the step is not as important as the act of taking the step.

Jacob rules.

djp132 said:
One of the pieces of wisdom that Johnny Rabb gave me was that its important to always be taking your steps in a true and forward way. That may seem painfully obvious at face value, but too often drummers take their steps in practicing and playing sideways or diagonally, or they are trying to leap too far or trying to cheat around the path with gimmicky tricks. Make sure that every day, not only in your drumming but in life as well, that what you are doing is a true and honest step forward toward that next level or the goal that you are aiming for. The size of the step is not as important as the act of taking the step.

Jacob rules.

Good advice from Rabb via Derrick.

And Jacob does rule. I wonder how many fantastic drummers are out there that I've never heard of?

djp132 said:

Jacob rules.

Derrick,

Mazel Tov on your new site! (it's a good thing) & you should have "bracha le hatzlacha"! (blessing for success) in your venture...

Jeff Almeyda - Moeller Method Exclusively

Jeff Almeyda said:
Good advice from Rabb via Derrick.

And Jacob does rule. I wonder how many fantastic drummers are out there that I've never heard of?

Thank you Jeff...as a very wise man said, "Words that come from the heart...go to the heart." Your are very kind...

Part 2) Moeller Method Exclusively (condensed version)

Click here...

A follow-up to Moeller Method Exclusively (condensed version) which focused on "individual" hand movements...this exercise uses both hands... demonstrated slow to medium tempo.

Part 2) Moeller Method Exclusively (condensed version)

A follow-up to Moeller Method Exclusively (condensed version) which focused on "individual" hand movements...this exercise uses both hands... demonstrated slow to medium tempo. Click here

Jacob,

Thank you for sharing. Excellent website!

Moeller excercises

Does anyone have any specific excercises that help build technique and coordination for the moeller technique? I've managed to develop the basic motion with both hands seperately for adding in extra ghost notes, but I'm having a really hard time developing the independence to incorportate it into more advanced applications, like holding the fast 3-note ride pattern while improvising the left hand (ex. fast jazz).

If anyone has tips on taking this technique to the next level, I'd love to hear them. Thanks! :)

Re: Moeller excercises

This helped me alot with traditional moeller.

www.vicfirth.com

Go to the steve smith page, im not sure if the vid is still there, but there use to be a video with a good way to work out the proper motion of the moeller techinique.

Back