Getting used to the trick pro1v Bigfoot?

Bonzobilly

So I had been searching for the "right" pedal for a while. Thought the speedcobra was it but I took them back and picked up the pro 1v Bigfoot double. Figured I needed to at least try it to know if it would be the pedal for me or not. I have been putting it through its paces. I've been utilizing all its features to get to know them as well as finding my settings. I'm not there yet with the settings but am moving in the right direction. This pedal really does have a broad spectrum of settings. My question is to those who own and love their tricks; did it take you a bit to get used to the direct drive and longboard feel or was it instant love. They are a big investment and I have a couple more weeks to return them if they aren't for me. I feel like I'm on the right track to eventual love. It just hasn't been love at first feel, if ya know what I mean. Any insight from current owners would be helpful.

I really like the build and features of the pedal but i could never get the compression spring system to feel right so i don't have mine anymore.

love mine so much I bought two of them, one for the studio, one for tour. I find to get the right feel, you need to add some weight to the beater. I bought some beater weights from Trick and experimented with the spring settings and the weight's position on the beater shaft. It took a little while, but now it's perfect.

Enjoy your Bigfoot

F

I have the "cheapie" Trick pedals, the Dominator, which are similar to the Bigfoots, but miss out on some of the features like the footpedal adjustment and the movable clamp.

Took me four months to get used to the things. If there's one thing I learnt, you need to give a pedal time with one setting. Otherwise you're jumping around from setting to setting without learning anything.

In your case, since you like the pedals, I say you stick with them. Pedals can only do so much, we shouldn't fool ourselves that playing skills are somehow linked to how good the pedals are.

Back