Head hoop poping out from under rim.

Cmaurer422

So recently i got a new head for my 14" Gretsch snare drum. its a Remo Powerstroke 3 and it sounds great, but ive run into an issue. and i know im not the only one haha. After playing my kit for a while i find that the head is loose on one side (usually close side). As i play it seems that the head moves and the hoop shifts so its no longer tensioned by the rim in one spot. This has happened multiple times recently and i was wondering if there was a solution? Possibly a spacer of some kind to ensure the head stays centered? My friend is also having this issue with his Evans HD. so i do not believe its just Remo.
Thank you in advance for any help!

Thanks for the suggestion!! ill definitely look into luglocks. Is there any specific brands that you would recommend over others?
Also, would a simple bolt below the rim on the lug to keep its tuning work?

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion!! ill definitely look into luglocks. Is there any specific brands that you would recommend over others?
Also, would a simple bolt below the rim on the lug to keep its tuning work?

I wouldn't be adding bolts to the tension rods. Luglocks work well and are easy to remove for head changes. I think they are $.50 cents each.

Back