Show Me Your "Monster" Kits! (let's say... 7 piece and up)

I still have to paint mine
sanded.jpg

HOLY MACKERAL!!!

Gotta have specs and details man.... what color are they going to be? I count 18 drums shells there, How many kicks? Thats sick man................ you're my hero!!!

HOLY MACKERAL!!!

Gotta have specs and details man.... what color are they going to be? I count 18 drums shells there, How many kicks? Thats sick man................ you're my hero!!!

Kind of like discovering a bunch of dinosaur eggs at this point.... what about the assembled kit???

I am looking forward to seeing the end result

I guess my kit is fairly big.....

Cheers,
D.

Derek, Hi ...WOW....Walnut Roots S-Classix! NICE! Hey, ...your set up looks different? is that still 8-12-10 up front? Also, what tom is under our hi-hat (left side?)

BTW...your website doesn't aknowledge that left side tom :)

Wow. Derek's kit is pretty fine. I think I've got two (well, sort of) that qualify for monster status. First my older birch kit...

FrontRight_01_web.jpg

BackLeft_02_web.jpg

And then the new maple version, which was already highlighted in another thread, so I'll the pics to a minimum...

chiliBurst_Kit_front.jpg

Both amazing kits! I have not seen the birch before, really vibrant color! Nice aggressive cymbal setup too! I like the acrylic octabans. I have had some made but a low pitched set runs too much now, sadly.

Derek's kit is very fine! It has probably my favorite Sonor finish on it. It's also cool to see pros with meinl once in a while.

I'd say up to four piece is a small kit, five to eight is a mid-sized kit (what most of us play) and nine and above is a Monster Kit.

I agree except for me a small kit is up to 5 pieces, a medium is 6 to 8, and 9 and above is a Monster kit. I also think that the amount of cymbals should be accounted for. A small cymbal set up is up to 4 cymbals, a medium is 5 to 7, and a large is 8 and up.

Awesome kits, everybody!! I am so jealous.

I'd say up to four piece is a small kit, five to eight is a mid-sized kit (what most of us play) and nine and above is a Monster Kit.

The OP started the thread, and had made his definition as "7 piece or more".

I agree, 6-8 is a medium kit. Mine is essentially that. But like other threads, if someone asks "Let me see your SNARE drums" and someone posts a BASS drum, it's not what the OP started the thread for.

GM has appearently more kits than anyone here, I know he could come up with more than six pieces.

Last edited:
Back