Pat Petrillo here!

I am real excited to let you all know that Ludwig will be now making my P4 Practice Pad, and it will debut at NAMM in January !

Check out the video link below of an animation of the new design...it's really exciting, and will be in most stores and on line in February!

Attachments

• P4 Assembly 16Dec08 - 2.avi
    7.6 MB · Views: 414
Congratulations, Pat....it looks like they've taken your original design and brought it to the next level.

Does that mean that those of us who have the original design own something special??? (lol)

Have they changed the feel of the rubbers or are the rubber pads they used the same as on the old design??

Once again, Pat; congratulations!! I think with the Ludwig name on it, it's gonna get a lot of exposure world wide.

Pat,

Does that mean my original P4 is going to be a collectors item? :)

2B

Fo snizzle! I would keep it for a long time, because it will be vintage!! ;)

Thanks for your initial love of the P4, and PM me your email..

All the best

Congratulations, Pat....it looks like they've taken your original design and brought it to the next level.

Does that mean that those of us who have the original design own something special??? (lol)

Have they changed the feel of the rubbers or are the rubber pads they used the same as on the old design??

Once again, Pat; congratulations!! I think with the Ludwig name on it, it's gonna get a lot of exposure world wide.

TomTom

The pads are the same, a little different color, but response is similiar. The rounded look is much hipper, and it's the same space between levels!

NAMM SHOW INFO...

I will be signing at the

Zildjian Booth FRIDAY 2 PM
Ludwig Booth on Saturday 1 until 3,
Regal Tip Booth Saturday 4 - 5

If you are going, please stop by and say 'Hi"!

See you guys there!

Feel

Hey Pat,
First of all this is Michael from the UCNP lessons. I'm really digging the New Orleans second line roots grooves you've got me working on. You do a great job tracing the history of grooves back to their origins and I'm having a blast becoming familiar with it all.

Second - I've got a couple questions here for you (or everyone) that may benefit us to get some insight into. I was watching a Tommy Igoe video and he was recommending using your imagination to picture particular atmospheric contexts while you play to influence the feel of the groove. For example, I think he was talking about the bossa nova, and he said when he pictures himself at the beach and really gets into the beach vibe it manifests in his drumming as the proper feel for that particular groove. Do you use visual imagery to influence your feel, or do you just feel it, plain and simple? Question 2: I have heard other drummers mention the importance of breathing mindfully, or even in time with the beat, as a way to facilitate I guess both keeping correct time and really getting into the feel of the groove. How important is syncing breath with the tempo to you? Or do you even think about it when you play?

Thanks for your input; see you soon.
Michael

Hi, Mike!

Yes, I do think that some of those imagery things help young drummers at times..although it may sound a little cliche.."picture yourself on a beach with a drink dancing with a beautiful brazilian girl"...for instance, that may make you RUSH the tempo, instead of lay back, if you know what I mean ;)

In general, I am vibing on the other musicians, who help keep the tempo in the pocket...watch and feel them, and put yourself in the moment of the groove..When I first realized this is when I was playing with Patti LaBelle, and at first, I was real excited, and the guys were like, "Hey, it's rushing a bit"..and after I started watching their body language and things, I started to put myself into their zone, and it really helped me settle in.

Breathing wise, I don't think about it too much..It is pretty relaxed and normal. I don't find myself breathing in time, or holding my breathe at all..

except when the bass player is new ;)..ANYWAY..

Hope that helps!

FYI..

"Hands, Grooves, & Fills" is FINALLY IN STOCK at ALL GUITAR CENTER LOCATIONS in the US!

Now when you go into any GC store, you will see it, and actually be able to BUY it!

It took a year, but they are finally on board.

THANKS to everyone who requested it, making it one of the most popular DVD/Books from Hudson Music

All the Best

Last edited:
That's good news. I do want to check that out. Now that I can pick it up locally is great.
And what is the latest on "Learn to Read Rhythms" if I may ask.??

GDad

Great to hear from you and thanks! "Learn to Read Rhythms" is wrapping, and we are still between 2 companies! It has piqued alot of interest, to say the least. You will get an email as to the status.

All the best!

LESSONS IN NEW JERSEY

Hey guys! My studio is up and running, and I have a few spots open for anyone who would like to get together.

Some of you who have been in before and stopped while I relocated, hit me up, and we can get groovin again.

PM ME HERE, AND WE CAN GO FROM THERE!

Pat

Hi, everyone

My signature pad, the P4, is finally available to order in the States! It's been a long road to bring it to fruition, but Ludwig did an amazing job.

You can get now at Just Drums, and it will ship by the end on June, beginning of July

Thanks, and I hope you will check it out!

When I get more details about overseas ordering, I will let you know.

If you are a dealer, please contact your Ludwig rep to get it in your store!

http://www.justdrumsonline.com/store/pc-3851-79-pat-petrillo-lp4-practice-pad.aspx

Attachments

• p4_banner_v2_162x598.jpg
    p4_banner_v2_162x598.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 799
TADA!!

They arrive today. Ludwig tells us we're the first and only to have them so far. I'm shipping 6 out today!

Pat - nice touch. I didn't know they would have a threaded post underneath! Very nice. You can attach it to any 8mm cymbal stand.

Pics and video coming soon.

Awesome, Shane. Glad you liked it! Post a video clip on the site, would love to see it! I appreciate the response from everyone, and it seems to be starting to snowball.

Back