What would be a good boom stand to go for?

BlakeS

Hi, I am looking to buy a new boom stand for my kit, I would like it to be fairly heavy duty, because i want to use it for a 16" china and possibly have a tom coming from it. My budget would be up to £60 and I'm happy to buy 2nd hand, any body have any ideas?

Thanks, Blake

plenty of options in that range:

http://www.drumcentral.co.uk///pearl-bc800w-boom-cymbal-stand-p-8612.html

mapex have some good 500 series hardware in that range, and i have a tom and a crash coming off of mine, very sturdy and strong, with memory locks. Cant recommend it enough.

I also have one of CB drums better boom stands... solid double adjustable and double braced, and about £40 if i remember correctly. Its holding a 22" ride just now and it does so admirably with no obvious wobble.

Are the 500 series still in production? Im finding it hard to find any of them around. I think i have either a BC800 or 900 at the moment, and unsiprisingly it struggles with a 22" ride and a tom. Do you know which is the heavier of the two?

thats very odd.. cos my m-birch kit comes with the B323A stand.. which supports a smaller 10" tom and a crash cymbal, and i have absolutely no complaints.

why not look at one with a counterbalanced boom arm. You may just be asking too much from a stand TBH.... most that run toms are probably best left as just that, or running lightweight cymbals.

ive got som big dog stands there pretty cheap but there pretty good i wanna upgrade them to dw9000s soon once ive got some new crashes and an elim. but still good quality stands

Atm im playing 1 up 2 down, so I kind of want to be able to mount it onto another stand instead of the ride. It may struggle with stability a bit because the tom and ride cymbal (Sabian AA stage, its 20", but still quite heavy, my mind went blank :D) are facing nearly in the same direction, with the boom being quite far outstretched. Mrbling do you know what model the stands that you are using are?

Get a double braced boom stand that you can swivel the cymbal at any angle, none of those locking teeth sorta swivels.

The Pearl one that i own at the moment is easily adjustable and I can have it at any angle, so Im confused now ^^

Would a Mapex B550A be a good choice?

ok.. ive found a Mapex B323A for cheaper than the 550, it says it is a revised version of the 550, anybody know if its 'better'?

ive got 1 b boom for my ride

2 Cs for my crashes and a staight c for my china

used the cs to hold tom also used to use 1 to hold 2 tomes so its pretty sturdy still have to put the legs right

ok.. ive found a Mapex B323A for cheaper than the 550, it says it is a revised version of the 550, anybody know if its 'better'?

I have a 323A... and i love it.. strong.. sturdy.. double braced.. its supporting my 8" rack tom, and a 16" crash cymbal. Its very very solid, well put together stand for the money.

It should be well under your budget.. theres one on ebay for about £18 plus postage.

ive got 1 b boom for my ride

2 Cs for my crashes and a staight c for my china

used the cs to hold tom also used to use 1 to hold 2 tomes so its pretty sturdy still have to put the legs right

Yea, I have to put the legs right to make sure it doesnt tip over.

So, would the Mapex B323A be a good buy?

Could you give a link please shrink, I cant find it =/

Back