Unix Quick Release

Cottontop

So i asked for a quote for a unix drum set with the quick release lugs and he said their not available anymore

personally those were my favorite lugs he offered and im not a fan of tube lugs or his other lug option (not sure what their called)

anybody know the reason for this cuz im not really happy about it and i might not be ordering from him now.

So i asked for a quote for a unix drum set with the quick release lugs and he said their not available anymore

personally those were my favorite lugs he offered and im not a fan of tube lugs or his other lug option (not sure what their called)

anybody know the reason for this cuz im not really happy about it and i might not be ordering from him now.

You didn't ask him this question?

Hey, at least Unix responded to your query. I e-mailed a question about a kit price quote a little while ago, and I've still not heard back.

Hey, at least Unix responded to your query. I e-mailed a question about a kit price quote a little while ago, and I've still not heard back.

I am in the process of getting a unix drum (should be done in about 3 weeks), I've also had my share of e-mail mishaps. Just e-mail him again and request a delivery receipt (should be an option in your e-mail program).
Calling is also much faster if you're in about the same time-zone.

frank is a member here and is pretty good about responding. robertm, you should try him again.

I thought i'd seen him post once before. Those drums he makes are BEAUTIFUL!
totally worth it with or without quickrelease lugs... You could always see if you can just get the shells from him then drill and install the lugs yourself... or see if you can buy lugs and send them to him to use or something...
I've done some looking into new kits recently and I think there are very few good commercial stave builders out there so if you want the best you may have to compromise your need for the quick releases.

Well Robert, I may not be fast but I respond to all my email. I have to say though, that I was receiving way to many junk email, and my brother installed me a very powerfull firewall, so maybe your email went there by accident, I apologise for that.

Guys please don't pm me here for pricing or drum inquiry, I don't come here as much as I use to (due to a very busy schedule) and I prefer to be emailed at [email protected]

I answered that question in our email exchange, reread them. I did it because after many discussion with my clients, and good advices from Zambizzi and some test, I decided that there was another product better for Unix and all my client that I really care for. As for the other option as you refer, only my supplier and myself have seen the cad drawing.

I do hope and I mean it with all the respect of the world, that my client prior quality and craftmenship over a lugs design that is not totally functionnal, and they beleive in my knowledge in R&D to bring them the best product I can.

I am in the process of getting a unix drum (should be done in about 3 weeks), I've also had my share of e-mail mishaps. Just e-mail him again and request a delivery receipt (should be an option in your e-mail program).
Calling is also much faster if you're in about the same time-zone.

If all goes well, monday I should have very nice pics to send you.

Last edited:
Well Robert, I may not be fast but I respond to all my email. I have to say though, that I was receiving way to many junk email, and my brother installed me a very powerfull firewall, so maybe your email went there by accident, I apologise for that.

Guys please don't pm me here for pricing or drum inquiry, I don't come here as much as I use to (due to a very busy schedule) and I prefer to be emailed at [email protected]

Francois: Thanks for the response. I didn't send you a PM with my price quote; I e-mailed you at your former address ([email protected]), which is why you probably didn't receive my message--it probably got trapped in the junk folder.

I just e-mailed you and forwarded my quote request to your new address listed above. I'll wait to hear from you. Thanks!

The quick release was a nice fearture. The biggest problem was the mounting system, was virtually a pain in the ass to install, when I went to the Chicago show, we changed a head on a tom, the tom had die cast hoops, so we had to remove the small insert all the way, we've looked ridiculus, not only because we could have lost a insert, but mostly because it took double the time to change the head because of the die cast construction. Sonething didn't made sens quick release slower then standard lugs.

A lugs with a full lenght insert (about 1" long) make the tunning more stable because of the ammount of thread stuck into the tension rod, you can also stuch the suspension mounth in it when you change head. A big thanks to Zambizzi for the help he provided me with these issues.

And quite honestly guys, if you're 10 feet away from the drum or on a stage, nobody will see the difference between the quick release and the new lugs design since they both are 1" round diameter.

Back