Swirl Brushes & Siibelius!

Composer

Hello,

Are there any drummers here using Sibelius Notation that can help me get Sibelius to Play Back the Swirling Brushes Percussion effect?

Many thanks

Good question. I usually select a brush kit in the mixer and just put four crotchets per bar. Not a swirl sound, but usually fits OK.

I'm interested to hear some better answers.

I can't even get any kind of ' brushes ' to sound?

I select the Sibelius Drum Set (Brushes) and it doesn't make a brushes sound in my part/score?

Can you share the steps you take please?

I have Sibelius version 8.5.1 build 659

Thanks

Which instrument set are you using in the audio engine options? If you're using General MIDI then you need patch 41 for brush sounds - but I'm not sure what your setup is. Can you go into the audio engine options and take screenshots?

I've never needed brushes in Sibelius personally so this is an educated guess...

It could be the noteheads you're using? See if you changing the notehead you're using when writing out the part changes the sound. I know when you're writing out standard drum parts you need to use the 'X' notehead to get cymbal sounds. Might be a similar issue with brush sounds.

Have a look around. You're not the only one with this kind of issue: http://www.sibeliusforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3716

Hello,

I am trying to get the Sibelius Built in Drum Set (Brushes)

I have tried other Drum Set options also to no avail?

I have also enquired directly to Sibelius Help but no response yet?

Thanks

Back