What do you think of this music?

Hey Connor.... where do we start?

Ok, first off, it seems that you enjoy playing drums and have practiced quite a bit to build up some chops. Good for you. It's important to have fun playing.

But..... you are putting way too much emphasis on blasting chops and not enough on the primary function of a drummer. Timekeeping. You have to above all else provide a deep and steady pocket for your band members to anchor on and unfortunately you don't do it. You seem to want to fill every space you can with blazing fills and while that looks and sounds cool in the garage (basement, whatever) it will never survive outside it. I suggest you try playing a song with no fills providing a steady beat for your band members to play to and work from there. It seems you all are about at the same level of skill so start basic and slowly build from there.

In short..... be less concerned with recording tracks and making band logos and concentrate on the basic music foundations. Don't try to play like Neil Peart if you can't keep time like Phil Rudd.

Please take this as constructive critisism. Have fun, but realize there is much more to playing then blasting chops.

ConnerBoden, Thank you! Your band sounds like you want it. (playing White Room) Rocks!

# 1- Get a lead singer.....to sing lead.
# 2- Your drums are very nice! Simplicity rules.
# 3- Were there "other" drums on the Rush song?". Or were you solo?
# 4- Turn the bass guitar up!...................he needs to play and not sing. His voice is nice. But, a lead singer, a great one, rules.

Thanks a lot guys!

I've been working on my timing, i tend to speed up a lot (;

I really appreciate you guys taking the time to listen to my band and give me some suggestions, it means a lot.

Thanks a lot guys!

-Conner

Back