Is SONOR it pronounced Sone-er or Sonar?

DaleClark

I've heard both ways. Steve Smith says Sone-er as do many others. Some online retailers says Sonar (as in radio waves that detect something...military radar).
I've even heard Sonner

What would be the official way of saying Sonor?

Years ago, I always heard "TAM-Ah" in the shops
Now it's "Tom-ahh"

DW pretty easy to get right. I guess some could say "Dee Dub-Ya')

It's SO-NOR. I just thought people from South mispronounced it LOL. I quit bothering about mispronounced words long ago-before it drove me crazy, but some words there is more than one pronunciation-this just ain't one of em. Like "protein" can be Pro-teen or Pro-te-in but the later just drives me crazy. Sorry I lied it still drive me crazy lol.

Years ago, I always heard "TAM-Ah" in the shops
Now it's "Tom-ahh"

Surprised to hear there's dispute over that one. There shouldn't be. It's a Japanese company and the way it's written in Kanji definitely leaves no interpretation for anything else. In fact the characters would be broken up to more resemble TAH-mah.

It's SO-NOR. I just thought people from South mispronounced it LOL. I quit bothering about mispronounced words long ago-before it drove me crazy, but some words there is more than one pronunciation-this just ain't one of em. Like "protein" can be Pro-teen or Pro-te-in but the later just drives me crazy. Sorry I lied it still drive me crazy lol.

Maybe ol' Nick is from the south LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VakCqjoHIY

I've heard both ways. Steve Smith says Sone-er as do many others. Some online retailers says Sonar (as in radio waves that detect something...military radar).
I've even heard Sonner

What would be the official way of saying Sonor?

I got it straight from the president of Sonor when he happened to be at Pro Drum on one of my weekly visits. He said it like you were saying “Sonorous”, and with his cool German accent it sounded really cool.

I say it as if it rhymes with the word "owner".

I know I'm saying it wrong. I'm a rebel like that. Living dangerously are my middle names.

Sew. Nor. properly said.

You are right. From the official website video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1p2KuLxMW0

That's news to me, not that I've ever heard anyone discuss Sonor in real life anyway.

I read a similar discussion several years ago about the correct pronunciation of Paiste, and after several opinions someone finally said just call their customer service number and see what the employees call it.

Back