DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:07 PM

Default Your Premier experience

Hello guys n' girls. I would be interested to know what your experience is with playing, owning or listening to Premier drums.

This would include service, supply, quality of the drums and sound.

Are there many players of Premier (other than endorsers) that you know of in your country?

I could be your mates or a new, unsigned drummer.

Many thanks..
Old 01-19-2012, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Your Premier experience

Hmmm....that thread died an embarrassing death!
Old 01-19-2012, 07:58 PM

Well the post came in at 8:07 AM
"Today 08:07 AM"

I don't know of ANY drummers awake at that hour, anywhere.
Let us have our coffee and coco puffs, shower, check messages, find clean shorts ... we'll get back to you.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Platinum Member

Or you could just simply read this thread:

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=35680

It's full of people posting pictures and discussing their Premier kits.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:23 PM
mediocrefunkybeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard.J View Post

Let us have our coffee and coco puffs, shower, check messages, find clean shorts ... we'll get back to you.
I'm usually at work before then...
Old 01-20-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumEatDrum View Post
Or you could just simply read this thread:

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=35680

It's full of people posting pictures and discussing their Premier kits.

Many thanks...I gotta look harder
Old 01-20-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard.J View Post

I'm usually mentally preparing myself for a day of dealing with hyper active primary school children, bashing a vast array noisy percussion instruments!

Kev

Last edited by K.Howden; 01-20-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Silver Member

I have Premier Cabrias, with silver sparkle lacquer, made the last year in England before they moved production of that model to Asia. They're alright, hardware's kinda crappy, the tom mount on the bass is a very cheap design. I didn't buy a high end kit, so my expectations aren't that high. I see no compelling reason to choose them over any other brand.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:32 PM

Thanks spreggy.....thats the kind of responses i am after
Old 01-20-2012, 07:15 PM

While hunting for a 2nd kit last year, I also looked at some of the Cabrias.

Not impressed at all, I must say.

What exactly are you looking for? Entry level kit? Pro kit? ...?
Why Premier?

Patrice
Old 01-20-2012, 07:22 PM

Hi Patrice....No, I actually play a Premier Genista. I just wanted to see what sort of a presence Premier has overseas...thats all. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:07 PM

I would say Premier certainly dont carry the same weight as they once did.

I hardly see any new Premier kits these days. If I do see a Premier it is most certainly from days gone by and they never blow me away. Also it was Premier kits at they had at my high school. Again nothing special.

However, I read that they recently 'acquired' a prominent English custom drum company and are due a revamp over the next couple years. So that will be interesting.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:40 PM

Hi Drumkat, how are you?

I can tell you that even over here in the U.K. the presence of Premier kits has also dwindled over the past decade or so, it's very rare to see anyone using one these days.

I myself own an early eighties Premier Club series kit (five-piece); three ply mahogony with two ply re-rings, very punchy sounding kit. Of the more recent offerings from the company I also own a 14"x6.5" Artists Brass snare, which in my opinion is a very underrated and under-used drum, it's very well built and has become my "go to" snare these days.

Not sure quite what's happened to the company, but I'd be interested to see what they do in the next couple of years.

Hope you're well,

Kev
Old 01-21-2012, 03:24 AM

Own a Genista from the 90s... 10,12,16,22

Drums look and sound like a dream but the hardware that mounts the toms are kind of weak in a way that you immediately notice after having a good system. About 50 dollars USD fixed these problems.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Howden View Post
Hi Drumkat, how are you?

I can tell you that even over here in the U.K. the presence of Premier kits has also dwindled over the past decade or so, it's very rare to see anyone using one these days.

I myself own an early eighties Premier Club series kit (five-piece); three ply mahogony with two ply re-rings, very punchy sounding kit. Of the more recent offerings from the company I also own a 14"x6.5" Artists Brass snare, which in my opinion is a very underrated and under-used drum, it's very well built and has become my "go to" snare these days.

Not sure quite what's happened to the company, but I'd be interested to see what they do in the next couple of years.

Hope you're well,

Kev

Many thanks Kev...yeah I am well but we are having a horrendous heat spell at the moment.

Anyways, I managed to track down the rep for Premier in Australia. This is his response to my email...

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your email and words of encouragement and love for Premier drums.

As you are now aware we are the new distributor for Premier drums in Australia.

I am currently on leave until Monday 9th January and I will call you when I returned and I’m back in the office.

We have only in the last couple of months received all of our Premier stock and hope to see two new Premier dealers in Western Australia in the near future.

Unfortunately the last Premier distributor sold Premier to anyone in Australia without setting up key Premier dealerships, so now across Australia we are setting up key Premier dealers that stock Premier products from the Olympic series drums through to the Premier Elite series, including hardware and accessories.

I believe Premier drums will be a major player in Australian drum market, we are working with some strong Australian independent stores to achieve this.

Once again, thank you for your support.

I look forward to talking with you next week.

Best Regards

Claude Cecere

Claudio Cecere

Music Connection

249 – 251 Magill Road, Maylands 5069 | South Australia

t +61 8 8331 8920 | f +61 8 8331 8960 | m +61 0414 311 700

claudioc@musicconnection.com.au | www.musicconnection.com.au
Old 01-21-2012, 06:59 PM

I had a great time playing Premier. I played the Olympic series for a few years and absolutely loved them. Always wanted to get a Genista series kit, but never did. Now I see them on eBay and wish i could afford them!!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 08:02 PM

I had a vintage jazz kit from Premier's late 60s period.
It was an unusual configuration, with a 14"x8" tom, a 20"x14 bass drum and a 16"1/4x18" floor tom (in pre-international which was annoying because I had to special order the head).

They were fine but I couldn't manage to get the toms tuned as I wanted, especially the floor tom.
It looked beautiful though, in its vintage white marine pearl finish. Especially I loved the lugs Art-deco design, very classy:

I had with it an royal ace snare, that I never managed to make it sound as I like neither. I bought some very expensive "double 10" snares for it but even then the snare didn't respond as I wanted, the strainer had some trouble (I guess the previous owner didn't take enough care of it).

Otherwise, the building quality was exceptional: check out this cast hoops! 50 years later, the chrome is still in pristine condition...

And the shell construction was very good: only 3 thin plies of birch (0.5mm overall), plus a thick reinforcing ring in beech.
Look at here the interior of the snare (with a parallel throw-off), its really quality made instruments.

It was supposed to be good but I'm not a fan of birch. As I couldn't get the best out of it I sold it.

I also had a piccolo snare 14"x4" in brass, but I ended up by hating its sound, it was way too high-piched and powerful to my ears. The strainer on this snare was engineered with genius: it was very simple to remove the snare when you had to (for example to tune the snare head); I wish I had this system on all my snares today.
Premier still make very good and beautiful drums and under-rated. Their new cymbal stands are gorgeous: you can switch btw. flush-base or traditional, which is also a very nice design.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcnivZeud View Post
I had a vintage jazz kit from Premier's late 60s period.
It was an unusual configuration, with a 14"x8" tom, a 20"x14 bass drum and a 16"1/4x18" floor tom (in pre-international which was annoying because I had to special order the head).

They were fine but I couldn't manage to get the toms tuned as I wanted, especially the floor tom.
It looked beautiful though, in its vintage white marine pearl finish. Especially I loved the lugs Art-deco design, very classy:

I had with it an royal ace snare, that I never managed to make it sound as I like neither. I bought some very expensive "double 10" snares for it but even then the snare didn't respond as I wanted, the strainer had some trouble (I guess the previous owner didn't take enough care of it).

Otherwise, the building quality was exceptional: check out this cast hoops! 50 years later, the chrome is still in pristine condition...

And the shell construction was very good: only 3 thin plies of birch (0.5mm overall), plus a thick reinforcing ring in beech.
Look at here the interior of the snare (with a parallel throw-off), its really quality made instruments.

It was supposed to be good but I'm not a fan of birch. As I couldn't get the best out of it I sold it.

I also had a piccolo snare 14"x4" in brass, but I ended up by hating its sound, it was way too high-piched and powerful to my ears. The strainer on this snare was engineered with genius: it was very simple to remove the snare when you had to (for example to tune the snare head); I wish I had this system on all my snares today.
Premier still make very good and beautiful drums and under-rated. Their new cymbal stands are gorgeous: you can switch btw. flush-base or traditional, which is also a very nice design.

Absolutely brilliant....thankyou so much for the pics
Old 01-23-2012, 04:39 AM
drumfreak1987

Hey man, I recently read about the Aviation Series snare. Available in three models, thick shells are comprised of individual outer and inner plies of oak with a whopping 21 plies of naturally eq'd birch. They are aptly named the Hurricane (14x5.75), Spitfire (14x6.25), and Lancaster (14x7.25). They take their names from three darlings of the Royal Air Force who, with ethereal grace and deadly efficiency, thwarted the Nazis’ attempts to invade the Mother Country. The three Wing'ed Ladies (as I refer to the RAF's big three), were also tools in the used in countless strategic offensives, counter attacks, bombings (particularly the four-engine Lancaster), close air support for ground troops (namely the single-seat Hurricane), dogfights, and terrorizing enemy bombers (those last two being the Spitfire's specialty). Never denounce the Spitfire in front of a Brit. My brother at a ww2 museum in London made that mistake, when we were 14. After I explained that he must show the utmost respect, that the Battle of Britain is one that evokes a sense of triumph and national pride, yet it is a topic that many there are sensitive to (with good reason... when the Nazis began bombing England, particularly London, they had 9/11 almost once a week). He kept saying "nah, the Spitfire sucked" and a 20-ish Brit and I said, "it saved England", then he'd said, 'WE saved England." I asked him to be more respectful, and said, "this isn't just a museum, but a memorial to all those who paid dearly to transform England's darkest moments into her Finest Hour." My grandpa (who i didn't know was behind me) gave me a pat on the back and said, "a man's character reveals itself in small moments like these. I'm proud of you for your knowledge and understanding. I knew you wouldn't spoil this." An elderly Englishman, who flew Spitfires, overheard me too, and was almost in tears!! the three of us spent hours talking. he showed us around town as well. lovely memories.

http://drumset.premier-percussion.co...ation-series-2
Old 01-23-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumfreak1987 View Post
Hey man, I recently read about the Aviation Series snare. Available in three models, thick shells are comprised of individual outer and inner plies of oak with a whopping 21 plies of naturally eq'd birch. They are aptly named the Hurricane (14x5.75), Spitfire (14x6.25), and Lancaster (14x7.25). They take their names from three darlings of the Royal Air Force who, with ethereal grace and deadly efficiency, thwarted the Nazis’ attempts to invade the Mother Country. The three Wing'ed Ladies (as I refer to the RAF's big three), were also tools in the used in countless strategic offensives, counter attacks, bombings (particularly the four-engine Lancaster), close air support for ground troops (namely the single-seat Hurricane), dogfights, and terrorizing enemy bombers (those last two being the Spitfire's specialty). Never denounce the Spitfire in front of a Brit. My brother at a ww2 museum in London made that mistake, when we were 14. After I explained that he must show the utmost respect, that the Battle of Britain is one that evokes a sense of triumph and national pride, yet it is a topic that many there are sensitive to (with good reason... when the Nazis began bombing England, particularly London, they had 9/11 almost once a week). He kept saying "nah, the Spitfire sucked" and a 20-ish Brit and I said, "it saved England", then he'd said, 'WE saved England." I asked him to be more respectful, and said, "this isn't just a museum, but a memorial to all those who paid dearly to transform England's darkest moments into her Finest Hour." My grandpa (who i didn't know was behind me) gave me a pat on the back and said, "a man's character reveals itself in small moments like these. I'm proud of you for your knowledge and understanding. I knew you wouldn't spoil this." An elderly Englishman, who flew Spitfires, overheard me too, and was almost in tears!! the three of us spent hours talking. he showed us around town as well. lovely memories.

Those snares are amazing! They are true monsters....they must have serious cutting power! Many thanks for sharing.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Gold Member

They aren't very common here anymore. A bit of the older pre-80's stuff is around, Neither of the two major music retail chains actually represent Premier which means almost zero new kits will ever be sold. There is one shop I know of who do sell them, but the biggest chain has 19 stores throughout the country vs one, so that's where the problem lies. They are one of the brands that I really know very little about and they don't seem to be marketing to the teen - 20's age group like a lot of the other big companies.

I owned a 14x6.5 steel snare for a while, it was a great drum despite probably only coming with one of their mid range kits.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:42 AM

[quote=kettles;947832]They are one of the brands that I really know very little about and they don't seem to be marketing to the teen - 20's age group like a lot of the other big companies.[/QUOTE/]

they are a bit of an enigma
Old 01-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Silver Member

Supply to the United States has just about vanished when we lost our one distributor, but that doesn't apply to you anyway.

All I own of Premier is a 6.5"x14" brass snare drum from the early 80's and I love it. Very versatile drum. Tunes nicely and stays in tune, unlike two other old snare drums I own. We also have about a dozen Premier snare drums at the store, and another employee owns a Signia kit that I've played a few time, and those are gorgeous drums. Their look, their sound, their build... I'd love to own a full kit of theirs some day.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:58 PM

I had an absolute blast playing Premier. Used to have a Cherrywood Lacquer set of Signia's. One of the nicest kit's I've owned and sounded great! I had a 4 pc set of Genista's in Blue shimmer wrap that I used to use for gigging. Both kits were very good on the quality scale. They tuned up easily and had a fairly broad tuning range. Both good sounding and good looking kits. You can't find a new Premier set or anything else ANYWHERE. The hardware that came with my Signia's is robust, and I still have the double tom stand with a cymbal boom mounted is solid as a rock. Of course it weighs a ton. Premier used to be known for their outstanding, relatively indestructible chrome hardware. That stuff is NOWHERE to be found in the ConUS. I loved those kits and if I'd not been seriously injured in a car accident then I'd still have them.

Good luck with their stuff, it just doesn't exist anywhere in the ConUS, any longer.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:18 AM

From Premiers website (announced at Namm2012):
Premier Music International Limited, the world's leading drum manufacturer, are proud to announce the appointment of the Hanser Musical Group as an exclusive distributor for Premier's drumset products in the US market.
Beginning formally on the 1st January 2012, the Hanser Musical Group will take exclusive responsibility for the sale and distribution of all Premier drumset and associated accessory products alongside providing technical support to new and existing customers.
Established in 1924 as a family-run distribution business serving retail music stores, the Kentucky based Hanser serves over 5,000 customers around the world and operates several companies under the Hanser Music Group all of which share one similar goal - complete client satisfaction.
“A match made in heaven” said Hanser Music Group President Bob Imhoff. “Premier Music International offers high quality, innovative products that fit our mission statement perfectly, ‘Enhance the experience of Musicians with quality guitar, amplifier, and drum branded products.’ The Premier brand gives us the opportunity to not only offer the greatest drums available, but to bring a substantial number of percussion products to HMG Customers.”
The Hanser Musical Group will be introducing Premier to the US market at the forthcoming NAMM Show from the 19th to 22nd January in Anaheim. A preview of the latest Premier products will be on show in Hall C, #4878 with attendees invited to meet both members of staff from the Hanser Musical Group and Premier Music International Limited who will be happy to answer any questions.
As of the 1st January, retailers should contact the Hanser Musical Group on: 859.817.7100 or email info@hansermusicgroup.com for full pricing and availability information.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicConnectionAUS View Post
From Premiers website (announced at Namm2012):
Premier Music International Limited, the world's leading drum manufacturer, are proud to announce the appointment of the Hanser Musical Group as an exclusive distributor for Premier's drumset products in the US market.
Beginning formally on the 1st January 2012, the Hanser Musical Group will take exclusive responsibility for the sale and distribution of all Premier drumset and associated accessory products alongside providing technical support to new and existing customers.
Established in 1924 as a family-run distribution business serving retail music stores, the Kentucky based Hanser serves over 5,000 customers around the world and operates several companies under the Hanser Music Group all of which share one similar goal - complete client satisfaction.
“A match made in heaven” said Hanser Music Group President Bob Imhoff. “Premier Music International offers high quality, innovative products that fit our mission statement perfectly, ‘Enhance the experience of Musicians with quality guitar, amplifier, and drum branded products.’ The Premier brand gives us the opportunity to not only offer the greatest drums available, but to bring a substantial number of percussion products to HMG Customers.”
The Hanser Musical Group will be introducing Premier to the US market at the forthcoming NAMM Show from the 19th to 22nd January in Anaheim. A preview of the latest Premier products will be on show in Hall C, #4878 with attendees invited to meet both members of staff from the Hanser Musical Group and Premier Music International Limited who will be happy to answer any questions.
As of the 1st January, retailers should contact the Hanser Musical Group on: 859.817.7100 or email info@hansermusicgroup.com for full pricing and availability information.
"As of the 1st January, retailers should contact the Hanser Musical Group"

So their strategy is to wait for retailers to contact them?? Retailers (many of which are struggling) may not be in a rush to pick up a bunch of stock, from a company that has such a weak Marketing strategy. In addition, they have chosen one of the worst markets to do this in. Very disappointing...
Old 01-24-2012, 04:44 AM
Platinum Member

Yes, Premier was at NAMM for the first time in many years.

Very exciting for those of us who are Premier fans. But as the previous poster alluded too, it remains questionable if they can re-establish a dealer network and make sales in slow economy that has been flooded with new manufactures in recent years.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumfreak1987 View Post
... when the Nazis began bombing England, particularly London, they had 9/11 almost once a week.....
The Germans actually flattened the Premier factory in the war, Premier was relocated to Leicester as a result.

The new developments at Premier are very exciting indeed, I myself play a 20 year old XPK that I've gigged constantly, it sounds amazing!!!
I've recently picked up a Custom Modern Classic 7inch maple snare (actually a Premier prototype with a custom finish), its an amazing thing to play.
I'm also gradually replacing all my hardware with the latest 6000 series.........the chrome is unbelievable and the stands are so solid!! I've got a new 6000 kick pedal, Ive tried out a DW 5000 and this thing leaves it for dust!!

...as long as Premier caries on like this, I'm sure they'll be back to where they were in their heyday and have the potential to go much further.

My Premier FB page.....
http://tinyurl.com/7nqbsrq
Old 01-31-2012, 06:11 PM
Silver Member

I own two Premier kits - an old Royale APK 5-piece from the mid-80s, and these birch Projector series from the early 90s. I recently acquired a 14x14 Signia floor tom in the same finish, so it's a bit of a hybrid now. A professional drummer was at my house over the holidays, and absolutely loved them. The birch snare, with die-cast hoops and re-rings, truly inspired him, as it does me every day. I have never played such a great snare as the one that came with this kit.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:39 PM
Silver Member

I just saw 3 Premier kits in a leading drumshop in Kuala Lumpur. I am impressed as I thought the brand was dead outside UK. Nice looking kits too.

I had one in the late 70's. Only thing I remember was the floor tom was odd size. A standard head did not fit.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:40 AM

I have one. It is an Olympic set from around 1974. I like it. I THINK the shells are African Mahogany. This was given to me. I wish, in hind sight, I had kept the original finsih but it was peeling off and flaking. Also had to do a lot of work. In the pic of them resurfaced, the 8 and 10" toms were added from a different company
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2012, 07:05 AM

My first 'real' drum kit was a Premier Olympic. I lov.ed that kit and recorded some real great songs with that kit. I'd really love to get another Premier kit. I was really in love with Genista line. In my opinion a very goregous kit with beautiful color options and they also really sounded great!
Old 08-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Silver Member

I still have the Premier XPK kit I bought in 1996. I remember picking it up from their place in Wigston just up the road from me (not sure if it was the actual factory, but it was a huge place). Never had any issues with it, and it's been used and abused a fair bit and sounds good recorded. I did modify it and put RIMS on. Quality of the drums seems fine to me, though I remember I had to swap a couple of the toms very early on as the layers had not adhered properly.

I also have a wooden Premier Signia snare drum from the 1990's (not sure how old it is, I bought it second hand). It's my current main snare and prefer it to the Sonor S-Class Pro snare I have.

If I was looking for a Premier kit, I'd be looking for their older stuff; probably a Signia or maybe a Genista from the 1990's. The original Signia was always the kit I drooled after, especially the Cherry one that used to be in the window in the shop in town (Academy of Sound in Leicester - long since closed down). I played it once, and I don't think I've ever played a kit since that I thought sounded as good as that one did, it blew me away. One day I will own one!

This thread contains pictures of the kit I mention.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:55 PM
Gold Member

You really can't go wrong with the older English built drums. I had a 1987 projector for years and wish i still had it. I've been building a mini kit for my daughter and have a couple of royale toms, a 12 and a 16- the 16 is the bass drum, and it sounds brilliant, much bigger than it is. APKs, XPK's, projectors, resonators and signias are all great. The club and elite rages were solid too. The new style drums I'm not sure about, but only because i haven't played them. the new snares , developed by KD drums, look superb.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:25 AM

I'm personally an "old school" Premier nut. I have a 75th anniversary Premier Signia kit,(you can see pictures of another in the Premier thread) and a late 90s 7pc Genista. I love every second I play those drums. I also have a late 70s oversized 24 14 15 16 18 kit that is big and boomy.
I can say from experience that the older kits are fantastic and held in high regard. The hardware is wonderful and I would really go for something like that if you're hunting for a Premier kit.

I am also a dealer through Hanser and have experience with the new line of drums, and they are fantastic. The new Genista series isn't made in England, but they are very nice. The finishes are right on the money as are the size options. KD has done well. The new Genista kits start about $1200USD and in my shop are often compared the the DW Performance series kits(~$1799+USD).
Also, they have just been picked up by GC are are now listed on the website if you search. Hopefully this will give Premier some traction here in the US along with a larger presence. They have had some rough patches in the past as a company and did not have a US distributor for quite some time, causing younger players in my store to say: " I've never heard of that brand before".......
Anyway, the old stuff rocks.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:04 AM

I'm also a complete freak for older Premiers. I own a Projector series that I bought new in 1989: 3-ply birch with beech re-rings. Fantastic rock drums. I believe that Premier started using international sizes around 1967, so everything before that was metric. They also made 3-ply mahogany shells with beech re-hoops until sometime in the early or mid 70's.

Here's one of my favorite "drum porn" YouTube videos with a guy doing an awesome detailed walk-around of a 70' kit he wanted to sell a few years ago and it gives you a good idea of what Premiers are like up close. Imagine a birch 24-inch BD version of Bonham's Thermo Gloss kit. He starts hitting them at 5:52. Considering that he's using a consumer grade video camera and recording them outside in a large yard, the effect is stunning. The sound of 18" FT gives me goosebumps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDYCC...eature=related Skip the ad at the beginning, of course
Old 09-04-2012, 06:29 AM
Platinum Member

I play Premier

Best value for the $ when I went shopping in the mid 90's...

I can afford more now...but I dont see the need...the sound is great and my tuning/playing skills mean more to the sound than the drums would that cost more...until I find drums constructed like high end string instruments...with thin areas designed to resonate...and no holes drilled...except scroll shaped vents...<<sigh>>

...haven't shopped in a while, though.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:42 PM

I've just bought a premier apk from the 80's totally blown away with the deep toms .... i got it for £170 ....utter bargain , only snag is im not keen on the premier 2000 snare which im selling on if anyone in england is interested in

nealio
Old 01-23-2013, 07:10 AM

I'm actually British and was born in London. I grew up on premier drums. I own a premier resonator which was purchased when i was 11. I took it out on tour up to last year, she sounds phenomenal. I have the power toms so they really boom. When we bought the kit, the shop had sold out out of resonator bass drums so we had to purchase a projector but i'm not complaining. The kick looks unique and has a nice balance of punch and bottom. In my opinion premier went down hill once they started releasing the Signia and Genista range.

Has anyone played the aviator range, they look kinda cool. Apparently a resurgence maybe on the cards, i hope so!

excuse the action shot, only shot i could find of the kit (i use pearl nowadays).
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumgodrob View Post
I'm actually British and was born in London. I grew up on premier drums. I own a premier resonator which was purchased when i was 11. I took it out on tour up to last year, she sounds phenomenal. I have the power toms so they really boom. When we bought the kit, the shop had sold out out of resonator bass drums so we had to purchase a projector but i'm not complaining. The kick looks unique and has a nice balance of punch and bottom. In my opinion premier went down hill once they started releasing the Signia and Genista range.

Has anyone played the aviator range, they look kinda cool. Apparently a resurgence maybe on the cards, i hope so!

excuse the action shot, only shot i could find of the kit (i use pearl nowadays).
I've had a whack on a few Aviation snares - they are very nice!!

My gf got me a Premier 'One' hand built birch 14x7 snare a few months ago......I've got to say, its the best snare drum i've ever played or heard!!

The resurgence is going very well indeed, lots of new hand built drums that really do look and sound stunning!