DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:53 AM
Silver Member

Default A quick (or not so quick) thank you.

This will be my 501st post here. This forum has taken over my life, my internet diet is taken up with this, facebook and youtube in that order. This forum has helped me more in the past one year than 6 years of playing with different drummers and teachers has. In a way, that's a bit of a shame because in terms of my knowledge of the kit and cymbals and so on, i hadn't progressed that much only until i joined the forum.

This forum has helped me immensely but that's because the forum is made up of everyday people. There are no pro drummers, there are no seasoned veterans, there are no 'noobies', there are just drummers that have have information that i don't about the drums and cymbals and heads and hardware and so on and so forth. So i have to thank everyone who posts here, for posting.

There are so many extreeeemely knowledgeable guys on the forum and i couldn't have got anywhere without any of them. I've had a good laugh at some people and even though i don't know anyone on a personal level, it's so easy to have a conversation with fellow drummers here.

As other people have done before, i started off on different drum forums before i came to DW and it's far and away a much friendlier and easier place to ask a question, and get an answer. Or a million different conflicting opinions, but i'll forget that for now!

So in summary, thank you to the moderators of the forum, thank to the members and fellow drummers and thank you for being smarter than me, there's a whole cache of information in you people that should be shared with those who don't have it.

Once again, thank you all for the most valuable drumming know-how i've come across.

All the best to all, Scott
xoxo