DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 07-07-2010, 02:42 PM
larryace's Avatar
larryace larryace is offline
"Uncle Larry"
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In beautiful Bucks County, PA
Posts: 21,119
Default Non musicians opinion about musicians

I wonder what most non musicians think when they are introduced to someone who considers themselves a musician. I'm sure there are varied opinions, but generally speaking, I wonder if most people think of it in a positive or negative light.

In my mind, I view it as a positive thing. We're cool and easy going, hip and open minded. But I wonder what the majority think.
For instance, say I'm single and I meet a new woman. Naturally you want to be honest and reveal who you are a little. But in the womans mind is she saying, "Oh a musician. Great. Late nights with drunk women staring at him. Probably broke too. Just what I need, a man/child. When is he going to ask for my car?

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-07-2010, 02:54 PM
mrchattr's Avatar
mrchattr mrchattr is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 1,439
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

I think it depends largely on the person's previous experience with musicians. I remember one girl who wouldn't even consider dating me because I was a drummer, and she had dated two drummers and they both cheated on her. This despite the fact that she told me she knew I was nothing like those guys, thought I was awesome, etc. My now in-laws were bummed when they found out I drum because there is a drummer in the family, and he's the stereotypical tapping on everything, can only talk about music, and constantly complaining about the fact that he never has success with his music at family get-togethers kind of guy. It wasn't until they met me and saw I didn't do any of that, that they were like, "Oh, ok, he's cool." Ironically, that uncle can barely stand my success, but that's another story. I can also say, if I'm being honest, that I've gotten more dates, one night stands, and offers of those two that I turned down for being a musician than for any other reason. It actually amazes me how often a girl will throw herself at me, despite me having a big gut and wedding ring, just because I play the drums.
__________________
Saluda Cymbals Endorser
Silver Fox Endorser

www.rossidrums.com
MySpace: rossidrums
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Travis22's Avatar
Travis22 Travis22 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 325
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

I think it all depends on the person, just like anything else. If you come across as the arrogant rocker dude who does nothing but get drunk, smoke grass, and have random hook-ups, then absolutely you are going to get looked down upon. But if you are like Mrchattr and have some level of intelligence about you, more times than not you'll be just fine. Being a musician is like any other profession or hobby, some people can do it and enjoy it, other's can't and sometimes look down on others because they can. But before I put much stock in that, I'd worry more about something like if you've been a convicted of something or have a serious addiction problem. Those are things that'll cast you out when it comes to in-laws and such.

As for meeting women and mindless hookups...being a musican performing at the venue will always make you stand out. Though most chicks who get slammed and try to hook-up with the band are usually the same chicks with more STD's than the out-break monkey and about 15 kids at home wanting a daddy. So I don't really see that as a plus side, though sometimes you meet really cool people, but it's not as often as one would hope.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-07-2010, 03:27 PM
yesdog's Avatar
yesdog yesdog is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: chicago suburbs
Posts: 794
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

When ever I have meet someone at a party or some sort of get together and find out I am a musician/drummer. They say that's really cool, how long have you been playing, I have always wanted to play drums. I don't play music as a career ( I am trying ). I never go around talking about playing drums. There have been some gigs I played and ran into a neighbor or someone who is friends with my wife. And they say I had no idea you played the drums. I have got nothing but positive opinions from people. My Inlaws come to almost every show I have played. In my opinion non musicians think being a musician is very cool, at least from any non musicians I have ever met.
__________________
IT'S ALL ABOUT FUN PEOPLE!!!!



http://www.youtube.com/user/slfsc
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-07-2010, 03:48 PM
bigd bigd is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 522
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

I think it depends on what type of musician you are. If you play in a bar band and that's your main living then people are going to judge you differently then if you are a playing in say a professional orchestra, broadway show, ect., . There's definately a difference between " I play in bars on the weekend and our band rocks" and " I'm a percussionist who plays with the New York Philharmonic" I think people equate success with steady fulltime employment that has a paycheck and benefits. Those types of jobs are available in the percussion field if you are qualified to get them.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Coldhardsteel's Avatar
Coldhardsteel Coldhardsteel is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland, United states of America
Posts: 1,218
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

As all common sense will show, there is never, and never will be, one breed of any kind of person, particularly a musician.

There's my (current)kind of musician, which is young, long hair, possibility for success, most likely jobless(a point that makes me very, very sad indeed), and could be called unreliable. These musicians have a very wide range of playing skill from prson to person, and they may or may not be responsible in other aspects of life.

Then, there's an anti-thesis of this breed, the older, experienced-or-not musician. There can be no practical difference between this kind and the former, save for the way they look, and their age.

Just saying, stereotyping is stupid.

But, I don't think musicians generally get the stink eye from a non-musician, unless they've been told otherwise or have experienced otherwise. We're an awesome bunch.

And I laughed when Larry used the word "hip".
__________________
"At the end of the day you just draw pretty pictures on a field and play some rimp ska dimps."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-07-2010, 04:39 PM
motojt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

Like everyone else so far, my experience is that it depends on the person. Some people I know think musicians are cool and interesting, others think they're pretentious ass holes.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Pkaneps's Avatar
Pkaneps Pkaneps is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Millville, NJ
Posts: 337
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

I've always thought musicians were cool, but then again, before I was one, I always wanted to be one. Maybe I'm a little biased.

I do know quite a few folks who look down on us though.
__________________
"A wise man is wise because he knows that he knows nothing."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-07-2010, 06:01 PM
dairyairman's Avatar
dairyairman dairyairman is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: florida
Posts: 1,672
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

most non-musicians i know think it's really cool that i play drums and play in bands. i suppose there are people who think i'm some kind of crazy person or whatever, but i have a good day job and am otherwise an ok guy so i almost never run into any negativity.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-07-2010, 06:44 PM
caddywumpus's Avatar
caddywumpus caddywumpus is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Portland, OR USA
Posts: 5,785
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

I usually get a surprised look. "Oh! So, you're a musician? Um...do you play in a band or something?" Most people don't know what being a professional musician entails. Heck, most musicians don't even know...

When I shoot off the list of things I do, there's a second look they give, but this one is more of recognition that "Hey, this guy isn't joking..."
__________________
I guess my nickname is "life" now.

My kit: http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44195
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Aeolian's Avatar
Aeolian Aeolian is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Santa Cruz CA
Posts: 2,013
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

I agree that it kind of depends on the other person's previous experiences or prejudices. Some folks automatically assume you are a bum, other's think it's totally cool. Then there are the occasional ones that are genuinely curious. They are usually quite surprised to learn what a job it is, how much of your life you've invested and the hours and years of work to be able to do what you do.

When people I know from my civilian life run into me playing somewhere, the reaction is usually positive, together with a bit of shock. "Wow, I didn't know you did that" or something to that effect. Then they usually start telling others "Did you know that Steve plays music?" and so on, like it was something remarkable. It's just another facet of who I am.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-07-2010, 08:04 PM
aydee aydee is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,413
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

Most non musicians think musicians are flakes, wierdos and broke and to be kept at an arms length at one level and at another they are envious of the talent and sheer pulling power that we have and would secrectly be very happy to be groupies.

...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-07-2010, 08:08 PM
larryace's Avatar
larryace larryace is offline
"Uncle Larry"
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In beautiful Bucks County, PA
Posts: 21,119
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

I know my Dad isn't crazy that I play the drums. He regrets the day when he bought me my first kit in 1970, he told me so ha ha..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-07-2010, 08:14 PM
larryace's Avatar
larryace larryace is offline
"Uncle Larry"
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In beautiful Bucks County, PA
Posts: 21,119
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
Most non musicians think musicians are flakes, wierdos and broke and to be kept at an arms length at one level and at another they are envious of the talent and sheer pulling power that we have and would secrectly be very happy to be groupies.

...

That's what I secretly think too, so being a musician isn't something I advertise except to like minded people.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Eggman Eggman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 80
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

Here are a few assumptions about rock and roll musicians I've gathered from my own conversations with non-musicians:

1. We are all potheads.
2. We have many groupies whom we regularly sleep with.
3. We are only in one band at a time.
4. We have no interests or hobbies outside of music.
5. We have gigs all the time.
6. We make a significant amount of money playing music.
7. We aspire to be rich and famous.
8. We listen to and play nothing but rock music.
9. We have an encyclopedic knowledge of every rock artist, ever.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-07-2010, 09:30 PM
larryace's Avatar
larryace larryace is offline
"Uncle Larry"
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In beautiful Bucks County, PA
Posts: 21,119
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

Interesting Eggman, only one of them holds true for me.

Koo Koo Katchoo
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-07-2010, 10:33 PM
motojt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
Interesting Eggman, only one of them holds true for me.

Koo Koo Katchoo
Lay off the pot, Larry. It's not 'hip' after college. ;)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Funky CrÍpe's Avatar
Funky CrÍpe Funky CrÍpe is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 950
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

I think it depends on the music you play. Apart from the very stupid question which is " so are you any good?"!...one of the first ones they ask is what type of music you play. if you say rock, maybe a bit flakey....rock n roll, then you are definatly a heavy drinker who beats people....jazz, then (for some who dont really know what jazz is) they think you are way to sophisticated...and so on
__________________
"Pop videos are porn for cowards!"
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-08-2010, 12:39 AM
eamesuser eamesuser is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 875
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

The people that mystify me are the ones that seem to think you are "born with it" all you had to do was aquire an instrument,and presto,musician,these are the same people that don't seem to think it is work either,and won't believe that you don't know every song that ever existed.I have told people at gigs that I have a day job and you can tell by the look in their eyes and the very next thing they say that they don't believe me.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-08-2010, 12:52 AM
larryace's Avatar
larryace larryace is offline
"Uncle Larry"
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In beautiful Bucks County, PA
Posts: 21,119
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojt View Post
Lay off the pot, Larry. It's not 'hip' after college. ;)
There's a subjective statement, and therefore can be false if I think it is, according to your logic. I reject your reality and substitute my own!

You imply that if you are in college, it's still hip. Because I'm not done yet.
I take it the word "hip"... aint anymore....
Just for the record, I just learned that from Steelie, who is much younger than me.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-08-2010, 12:57 AM
motojt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
There's a subjective statement, and therefore can be false if I think it is, according to your logic. I reject your reality and substitute my own!
<defeated>Aargh!!!</defeated>

And yes, "hip" is no longer. I don't know what its current replacement is, but the last one I remember was, "Off the chain," which is really just a branch of "Off the hook." "Kids these days." ;)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Nodiggie's Avatar
Nodiggie Nodiggie is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cowtown
Posts: 1,362
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

I think pretty much sums it up.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-08-2010, 02:02 AM
Alan0899's Avatar
Alan0899 Alan0899 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Attunga, NSW, Australia
Posts: 17
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

G'day Everyone
I have worked in my current day jobe for over 30 years, it is in a hospital, & most people in this place don't know I play drums, & if & when they see me at a show, or whatever, I usually get, Oh I didn't know you played music, & I tell them, I have only just started, 40 years ago.
When I met my latest lady, she already knew I played drums, she had seen me play, so after we got together some time later, & told her mum that I was a drummer, & I rode a Harley, oh my god, was her mum's reaction.
Obviously, I must be hairy, with a large gut, a drinking problem, women in every town I have ever been near, & then there were concerns about what I did as a drummer.
When I finally met her mother last year, her fears were unfounded, she does not want her daughter on the back of a Harley, but her mother still wants to go for a ride with me on my bike. Go figure.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-08-2010, 02:45 AM
Coldhardsteel's Avatar
Coldhardsteel Coldhardsteel is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland, United states of America
Posts: 1,218
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
There's a subjective statement, and therefore can be false if I think it is, according to your logic. I reject your reality and substitute my own!

You imply that if you are in college, it's still hip. Because I'm not done yet.
I take it the word "hip"... aint anymore....
Just for the record, I just learned that from Steelie, who is much younger than me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojt View Post
<defeated>Aargh!!!</defeated>

And yes, "hip" is no longer. I don't know what its current replacement is, but the last one I remember was, "Off the chain," which is really just a branch of "Off the hook." "Kids these days." ;)
Nope it's done.

Nowadays, I'm not even sure there is a substitute for "hip". I just use "Awesome" as the word. Maybe 'Epic'.

Being young is great. :D
__________________
"At the end of the day you just draw pretty pictures on a field and play some rimp ska dimps."
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-08-2010, 03:47 AM
toddbishop toddbishop is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 4,103
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
In my mind, I view it as a positive thing. We're cool and easy going, hip and open minded. But I wonder what the majority think.
I think in the US there's a general sentiment that artists are deadbeats, even among seemingly cool people. Often when I let people know what I do, there's a minute of conversational wrangling to let them know that, being a musician != being unemployed, and no, I don't have a day job. Also, I don't know if these people are a majority, but in the past I've noticed a lot of staff on cruise ship and hotel gigs seem to be pretty contemptuous. And contemptible: the crew on one river boat routinely referred to the musicians by a pretty vile racial slur, because we didn't put in the same hours they did, and were therefore "lazy". Occasionally people will try to kid around about musicians not working for a living, and I let them know I don't want to hear it. On ships with international crews we would tend to get some guff also because, along with the passengers (who everyone hated), we were the only Americans on the boat.

OT: "Hip" is an entrenched musician word, and isn't subject to fashion. People don't use it because they're trying to sound cool- it describes a specific quality. Making fun of people for using it tends to brand you as a non-player.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-08-2010, 04:13 AM
Aeolian's Avatar
Aeolian Aeolian is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Santa Cruz CA
Posts: 2,013
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddbishop View Post
OT: "Hip" is an entrenched musician word, and isn't subject to fashion. People don't use it because they're trying to sound cool- it describes a specific quality. Making fun of people for using it tends to brand you as a non-player.
snap


Or do they still say that these days ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-08-2010, 04:38 AM
Nightworker Nightworker is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 13
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

As someone who has a day job, but has gigged regularly on drums and bass for a couple of decades, I have seldom found any negative reactions to being a musician, but that may be because I am not trying to make a fulltime living out of it.

But even though most non-musicians have no idea of the effort that goes into being able to produce decent-sounding music, I have found that they are generally highly appreciative and if anything a bit envious/awestruck that you can actually do it. Many of the people we play for would do anything to be able to get up on stage and do what we do, but they realise they don't have the talent/willingness to put in the time and effort it takes. Musicians are always going to be hip... David
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-08-2010, 05:12 AM
jjmason777's Avatar
jjmason777 jjmason777 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Morgantown, PA
Posts: 438
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldhardsteel View Post
Being young is great. :D
I agree. I used to say the same thing at your age. Enjoy it while you can. 30 years will go by in the blink of an eye (time seems to go by exponentially faster each year), and you'll be saying "Where the hell did the time go?".

However, I would only want to be young again if I could keep the wisdom and experience that my years have given me. I wouldn't trade that for the world.
__________________
A bad day of drumming is better than a good day at work!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-08-2010, 06:22 AM
larryace's Avatar
larryace larryace is offline
"Uncle Larry"
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In beautiful Bucks County, PA
Posts: 21,119
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddbishop View Post

OT: "Hip" is an entrenched musician word, and isn't subject to fashion. People don't use it because they're trying to sound cool- it describes a specific quality. Making fun of people for using it tends to brand you as a non-player.
Oh snap, now I don't need a hip replacement!
Vindication!
Yea you read it. Not subject to fashion.
Excuse me while I strut around the room.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-08-2010, 06:35 AM
Pollyanna's Avatar
Pollyanna Pollyanna is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cyberspace, Sydney connection
Posts: 9,971
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

Yes Jeff, each year does go by faster. At age two, a year is half your life. At my decade - approaching the time when the word "hip" is usually followed by "replacement" - it is a small portion of your life.

People are surprised that I play drums (they usually expect vocs because women sing, or keys because I wear glasses, which = nerdy).

They tend to think it's pretty cool for about 10 seconds, after which it's forgotten. No one ever expresses interest in hearing my music. Most people only care about themselves, unless it's info that makes for good goss.
__________________
.
Polly's rhythms
.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 07-08-2010, 09:32 AM
azrae1l's Avatar
azrae1l azrae1l is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: denver, colorado, usa
Posts: 662
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

i'm really curious, how may of you have had people think your less of a musician for being a drummer? i think .......thats what i want to say....

when i play rhythm guitar i get: oh, your the rhythm player...... so, who actually writes the music?

when i play lead guitar: oh you must be very creative to come up with all the music...

when i sing; oh so it's YOUR band....

when i tell people i'm learning to play drums; *puzzled look* did the music store run out of guitars?

when i play bass: so your a groupie/roadie? well you don't even really play anything........

i love musical hierarchy, everybody assumes your instrument designates your importance to the band..... and the vocalist is the leader ha!







ok so they were probably just making fun of me............
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-08-2010, 05:08 PM
larryace's Avatar
larryace larryace is offline
"Uncle Larry"
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In beautiful Bucks County, PA
Posts: 21,119
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

I've definitely had a few. "Why do you want to play drums anyway? Nobody can see you back there.."

I didn't pick drums, drums picked me is what I say.
I get that attitude often enough.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-08-2010, 06:04 PM
yesdog's Avatar
yesdog yesdog is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: chicago suburbs
Posts: 794
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrae1l View Post
i'm really curious, how may of you have had people think your less of a musician for being a drummer? i think .......thats what i want to say....

when i play rhythm guitar i get: oh, your the rhythm player...... so, who actually writes the music?

when i play lead guitar: oh you must be very creative to come up with all the music...

when i sing; oh so it's YOUR band....

when i tell people i'm learning to play drums; *puzzled look* did the music store run out of guitars?

when i play bass: so your a groupie/roadie? well you don't even really play anything........

i love musical hierarchy, everybody assumes your instrument designates your importance to the band..... and the vocalist is the leader ha!







ok so they were probably just making fun of me............
I was always told that us drummers are the bus driver and the rest of the band are the kids
sitting at the back of the bus. Believe it or not a Drummer can make or break a band.
You can get away with a bad guitar player, but if you have a bad drummer it makes the
whole band sound bad. All of those drummer joke's are from pure envy Ha!!
__________________
IT'S ALL ABOUT FUN PEOPLE!!!!



http://www.youtube.com/user/slfsc
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-08-2010, 06:37 PM
toddbishop toddbishop is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 4,103
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
Oh snap, now I don't need a hip replacement!
Vindication!
Yea you read it. Not subject to fashion.
Excuse me while I strut around the room.
Oho yeah. "Jive" is another one- though it's more specific to jazz musicians. To most people it's cartoonishly 70's, a word out of a blaxploitation movie.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-08-2010, 07:09 PM
motojt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

How about "cats?" As in, "Those cats are swingin' man!" <guffaw/>
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-08-2010, 07:18 PM
toddbishop toddbishop is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 4,103
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

Sure, that's another one.

Hey, are you eventually going to write something about the drums on this drumming forum? I just skimmed your posts and damned if I can find a single one that is on topic. What's your purpose here?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-08-2010, 07:23 PM
motojt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Non musicians opinion about musicians

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddbishop View Post
Hey, are you eventually going to write something about the drums on this drumming forum? I just skimmed your posts and damned if I can find a single one that is on topic. What's your purpose here?
Ah, didn't know I had a fan. Mainly social like most everyone else here. I posted a few bits here and there on software and gear in case you missed them while perusing my DW Resume. :p
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com