DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:59 PM

Default Edit: no need for this thread.

Read the title, lol.

Last edited by Virgil; 06-07-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Everything about how drums work, and how they're made, what they're used for!

I kinda stopped reading here

"Kick drum (also called bass drum)"

thats kind of like saying... Axe ( sometimes called a guitar) or... 88 Ivories ( also called a piano) or.... Horn ( sometimes referred to as a tenor saxophone)

it is a bass drum before anything else

my 2c

carry one
Old 06-07-2014, 10:43 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Everything about how drums work, and how they're made, what they're used for!

Quote:
I've yet to see a comprehensive and exhaustive pool of knowledge to do with how drums e.t.c work/used for and how they're made. Learning to play is emphasised, but I'd like to know everything about what I'm playing. I'm a complete newbie (heck, I haven't even got my own drum kit yet). But I'd like to learn and help others learn much more efficiently about how they work and how they're made; instead of drudging through the internet and other sources to get answers. Maybe this'll help other beginners, pros and everything in-between, on how their drums kits work and how it's all made in general terms.
Us too, that's why we read the forum here, and suggest you do too, its all here. Give it a try, its fun and addictive.

Quote:
All I'm asking is that everyone gets together and shares what they know, and adds to what others know. Although let me be clear, this is not about learning how to play. (Mainly because there's already a ton of information on it anyway.)

Again, we are sharing, to the tune of 1000's of posts, even the learning to play part, got it covered. Its all here, don't expect it in one thread...that'd be boring dude.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Ismore View Post
Us too, that's why we read the forum here, and suggest you do too, its all here. Give it a try, its fun and addictive.

Again, we are sharing, to the tune of 1000's of posts, even the learning to play part, got it covered. Its all here, don't expect it in one thread...that'd be boring dude.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsTony? View Post

thats kind of like saying... Axe ( sometimes called a guitar) or... 88 Ivories ( also called a piano) or.... Horn ( sometimes referred to as a tenor saxophone)

my 2c

carry one
I guess you guys are right.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:01 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
I guess you guys are right.

Jolly good then mate!

Search-Advanced... tons of info.

I use the search function all the time.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsTony? View Post

my 2c

carry one
Those are great analogies!
I don't much like the term, "drum kit" either, unless you are from England. It's just plain drums.