DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:17 AM
Gold Member

Default Set-up suggestions

So my birthday was today, and it was quite good, considering I got a brand new 20" Paiste Giant Beat Multi. That's good stuff.

But I'm pondering ridding my set-up of my ZXT ride and replacing it with the Paiste as a sort of crash-ride until I can obtain a different ride.

...Of course, if Kept the ZXT on my set, I'd have more sounds to utilize.

But if I got rid of it, I'd have a simpler set-up.

See how I'm slightly torn? Any advice?
Old 02-18-2010, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Set-up suggestions

I would say go for the simpler set up but that is just my opinion. Its always good to have a variety of sounds but there is a point that I believe you don't need anymore. Ask yourself: what do I have in my set up right now, do I use everything in my current set up as it is, etc.
Like I said, personally I would go with the simple set up, however I myself am guilty of having things on my set that I don't use.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:34 AM
Gold Member

I would put that ZXT aside for right now and get real cozy with that new Paiste and work it into my kit and feel real fast...start making plans for all the new pies that will compliment that new one!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:43 AM
Gold Member

Well, I just took off my ZXT and I messed around with the hardware a bit and now I have an individual stand for each one. Which is a good feeling, I tell you.

I've been considering the sound of the ZXT and the only thing I like about it is really the fact it's good for rock and metal, which are two of my favorite genres to play. I'd think that two cymbals from the same manufacturer generally sound good to together, but I dunno. The "Eclipse" Ride from Paiste crossed my mind.

Admittedly, I didn't really use my ride that much, so I suppose that following Jenglish's advice would be best.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:58 AM

Hey if you figured it out for a stand for each why not keep it up. I know I said less is better but I guess thats more from a gigging stand point. If you have the room and the equipment keep it all. I have 2 crashes (16 & 18), 2 chinas (14 & 20), a ride, hats, a splash, two cowbells (Bell Diablo and a Black Beauty), and a tambourine. What do I use mostly? The ride, hats, one crash (16 inch), one china (14 inch) and my Bell Diablo. I just would rather them to be on the set and look nice rather than sit in the drum closet.