DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:31 PM

Default How to post cymbals?

Hey guys
Im looking to sell some nice zildjian cymbals on Ebay as im moving house and need to downgrade to an electric kit.
Just wondering what the best method (Royal Mail or Parcelforce) is the best way to go about posting them?
I get confused with all the mailing options :(
So another question if Royal Mail.......is the 'packet' option the one i want?

Cheers for all your help! :)
Old 01-28-2010, 12:25 AM

Default Re: How to post cymbals?

Bump :)
Sorry to be annoying , but very unsure about this :)

Cheers!
Old 01-29-2010, 01:00 AM
Silver Member

Not too sure about this but just make sure they're packed properly in a cardboard box with plenty of packaging. I bought a 20" Wuhan China off eBay and the guy sent it wrapped just in bubble wrap with no box. If anything had been put on top of it, it could have been easily bent or broken. I said this when leaving feedback on eBay and he thought I was being unreasonable.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:15 AM

Ah yeah cheers man! :)
Im going to pad it well for sure , but just unsure on which kind of mail i need to use xD
Like packet etc :)
Old 01-30-2010, 08:09 AM
Silver Member

The best way I've seen cymbals posted is by Tony and cymbalsonly.com. This is how I've had my numerous pies sent from him packaged:

The cymbal itself is wrapped in bubble wrap, then a strip of cardboard is wrapped around the cymbal, and another at 90 degrees from the first (so that top on they form a cross). The cymbal is then placed inside a sturdy cardboard box, and any excess space is taken up with bubble wrap.

Postage handlers (throwers) aren't going to know or care what inside the box, so make sure its protected pretty well.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:32 PM

I read somewhere in this forum that a pizza box and some kind of bolt through the hole of the cymbal and through the box will prevent the edges from banging around.
Cheers.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
The best way I've seen cymbals posted is by Tony and cymbalsonly.com. This is how I've had my numerous pies sent from him packaged:

The cymbal itself is wrapped in bubble wrap, then a strip of cardboard is wrapped around the cymbal, and another at 90 degrees from the first (so that top on they form a cross). The cymbal is then placed inside a sturdy cardboard box, and any excess space is taken up with bubble wrap.

Postage handlers (throwers) aren't going to know or care what inside the box, so make sure its protected pretty well.
Haha I ordered a cymbal straight from Sabian and they didn't even pack it this good. It was in a plastic bag, with a few pieces of styrofoam and shredded paper around it. It was also in a box way to big for the cymbal...